• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Gustaf 4000

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

cat9

I think there is a section here somewhere for "other rifles". Could not find it. So I put this in with Valmets, where I now and then add a comment.

A few months ago I picked up a Gustaf 4000 in 6.5x55. A lot of Swedish stuff is floating around Canada, at decent prices. Must be dirt cheap in Europe. Nice shape ... a bit of wear on left side checkering. Finally warm enough here to take it to the range next week.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here are some pics (if I have loaded then correctly ???) 40006.JPG 40005.JPG 40004.JPG 40002.JPG 40003.JPG 40007.JPG 40008.JPG

Attachments

• 40001.JPG
    40001.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 14
Are you going to install a scope, or shoot it with the iron sights?
I have a weakness for iron sights, and am a mediocre shot either way. So I will use the 4000 with iron sights at the range, at least for a while. But I will try to get scope mounts and a scope for it in due course.
I have never used a 6.5x55 for hunting, but I will likely try it this fall. I have another Gustaf, a 3000, in 6.5x55 that I will take.
Very light recoil. Thanks for your interest.

If memory serves me correctly the Gustaf 4000 is actually a Sauer product. Marketed as Gustaf in the Scandi region.
Could be. It sure looks like a Sauer. I used to have a Sauer 200 in 6.5x57 that was just incredibly accurate with European factory ammo. It consistently posted 3-shot groups under half an inch. Shouldn't have sold it but a good friend really, really wanted it...

a good friend really, really wanted it...
That’s funny, been there, done that.

Always wanted a 200/202 but never managed to get a hold of one. I did have a few Colt Sauer rifles at one time when I was a younger person.

Last edited:
Back