• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Rifles Afield (as intended)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Fox 200 meters, 222 rem mag kokotukki
Is that L469 Kokotukki a carbine or a full-length rifle? Either way it is one rare Sako! I have an L469 carbine but I have never seen an L469 Kokotukki with a 600mm barrel. I wasn't even sure such a thing existed.

How about posting some more photos of the rifle? Mine is the only L469 Kokotukki I have ever seen, and i'm sure the other forum members would love to see photos of yours.

Last edited:
Something I just realized about HelSako's rifle - the stock appears to have a straight comb and it has a stamped trigger guard - both characteristics of the earlier L46 stocks. By the time the L469 came along, Sako had changed to Monte Carlo stocks with milled trigger guards, as in the photo of my carbine. I am wondering it that rifle, if it is full-length, might have been restocked. I've thought of doing a stock swap myself, just to have an L469 full-stock, full-length rifle.

Something I just realized about HelSako's rifle - the stock appears to have a straight comb and it has a stamped trigger guard - both characteristics of the earlier L46 stocks. By the time the L469 came along, Sako had changed to Monte Carlo stocks with milled trigger guards, as in the photo of my carbine. I am wondering it that rifle, if it is full-length, might have been restocked. I've thought of doing a stock swap myself, just to have an L469 full-stock, full-length rifle.

Good observations, and no doubt we have discussed these timelines before.
Were only the .222 magnum’s stamped L469 ?

Well i do not know it is the only one, but it is sooo accurate. It is 100% orginal from second run of l46(9) with vixen and bofors stamp!

Attachments

• 8B30F943-52AC-4591-A236-89D38852413F.jpeg
    8B30F943-52AC-4591-A236-89D38852413F.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 15
  • 81B0986C-03D4-46A1-A4C2-DFC84264B409.jpeg
    81B0986C-03D4-46A1-A4C2-DFC84264B409.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 225F8463-FB53-40BE-9FA4-694B94DA7321.jpeg
    225F8463-FB53-40BE-9FA4-694B94DA7321.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 15
Cool! A second run rifle from 1964-65 with the "old" style stock and trigger guard -- and a serial number in the 80,000's. As we have observed, Sako never let a good part go to waste. It would be fascinating to know why the building of the second run of L46/469's so long after the superseding L461 was in production. But I'm afraid that anyone who could tell us the "why" of it has long since gone on to the big rifle factory in the sky.

I'm sure you're very proud of that rifle, HelSako, as you well should be!

Were only the .222 magnum’s stamped L469 ?
L469 was the factory designation for the L46 action modified for .222 Magnum. The guns were variously stamped L469, L46, or without the model number at all. Within the Sako factory they were all L469. I do not know if the very last L46 rifles in .222 used the stretch action or were built at the original length.

L469 was the factory designation for the L46 action modified for .222 Magnum…
That’s right, and there’s the odd few around with the opened up action still stamped L46.
Is there any physical difference, other than the L469 stamping in the other ‘long magazine’ chamberings ? Block in magazine acknowledged.
I suspect that in later production the L469 stamping was reserved for the .222mag only.

Anybody got an L469 stamped rifle other than a .222mag. ?

Last edited:
I suspect that in later production the L469 stamping was reserved for the .222mag only.
Correct.

Anybody got an L469 stamped rifle other than a .222mag. ?
Highly unlikely. Very few rifles actually were stamped L469. I have two L469's in .222 Magnum; one is stamped L46 and the other isn't stamped with a model number. As far as I know there were no L469's made in calibers other than .222 Magnum, but it is conceivable that one or more factory prototypes were built in .223 during the mid-60's second run. The "stretch" action was created mainly by moving the bolt stop back.

Last edited:
And in Colorado, with sightings in New Mexico too.
There was a bull tramping around near the little village of Stonewall, Colorado in the summer of 2022. That's only 10 miles or so from the NM line, so sightings in NM are certainly possible.

Back when the big Yellowstone fires took place in the late 80's a wayward bull found his way to the Texas Panhandle.

Back