• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Sako Scope Bases

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have a set of Sako flat bases and medium rings.
I am unsure on which base is for the front, also how the tapered part should be aligned?
Does anyone have a picture showing the proper orientation of the bases, if not a description of such?
Thanks, Steve

Steve the narrowest base goes to the rear and the slot is positioned at the rear. The front basr the widest part goes toward the front of the rifle. Here is a picture the buttstock would be to the right when viewing the picture.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Marlin 92
That's exactly what I was looking for.
The person I bought the bases from didn't know and the person I bought the rings from didn't know.
Little things like this makes this forum very worthwhile for all members.
You have made my life with this lever action very simplified. Again thanks.
Steve

I mounted a Leupold VX-3, 3.5X10X40.
I used Nosler 150 grain Accubond from Nosler factory loads for brass to reload.
I shot a 3 shot group and it was less than a 1/2 inch. Then 2 more shots into the same group for about a little less than 3/4s of an inch. It is a KEEPER! Fired 3 more 5 shot groups and they were all under 1inch. 2 of those were under 3/4 inch and 1 nudged 1 inch.
When shooting groups I wait about 4 to 5 minutes between shots, sometimes long

Now I just need time to work up some reloads and I believe it will do better.

These were fired in 80 degree F weather with a 3 to 5 MPH wind at my back, 100 yards. 4 to 5 minutes between each shot. No barrel cleaning from the first to last shot. Of course I used very good fore and aft rests. Sorry no pics. I wasn't expecting this accuracy from a lever.

Your Finnwolf is not a "lever"...it's a Sako! Of course it is accurate!!!

Fine shooting!

Hope you'll take and post pics next time you have your Finnwolf at the range.

Latest posts

Back