• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Model 72 Hornet

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Was lucky and found one recently at a Estate Auction-Rifle is probably 95 %+ someone had bedded front of action BUT it was missing the rear sight.

Any leads on finding one I believe they were made by Williams and does it have a 14" or 16: twist rate ?

Thanx

Max

Give a call to Williams. If he's still around there is a gentleman there who is pretty savvy on which particular sights they supplied to various manufacturers and who can tell you right away which is the correct replacement sight. If you have difficulty finding the right one let me know and I can take a photo and post it of one of the original P-72 rear sights.

Give a call to Williams. If he's still around there is a gentleman there who is pretty savvy on which particular sights they supplied to various manufacturers and who can tell you right away which is the correct replacement sight. If you have difficulty finding the right one let me know and I can take a photo and post it of one of the original P-72 rear sights.
Hey Stonecreek, I would like to see your P72 rear sights, or the entire rifle for that matter. Could you also send a photo of the inside of the stock, action removed, so I can better understand what, if anything, is missing on mine. Thanks, Craig

Okay, here ya go: Top to bottom is a M78 Hornet, a P72 .22 WMR, and a P72 .22LR. (They are in reverse order in the third photo.) As you can see, there are two of the three triggers found on this series represented. The last photo is of the rear sight on the P72 WMR. Its blade has been removed for scope use. It is a Williams, as are the sights which go on the other two rifles. Hope this helps.

DSC08403 (800x374).jpg

DSC08404 (537x800).jpg

DSC08405 (453x800).jpg

DSC08403.JPG

Last edited:
The early P72's with low serial numbers had Sako rear sights.

I think Deergoose has one.

See thread "another P72 anomaly" started by L61R

Last edited:
Ah that's good
Can anyone tell me the exact williams sight to use
Mines missing so thought I would order one to make complete

Back