• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Riihimaki deluxe .222

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all this is my first post,I have found a beautiful,wat I've been told is completely original riihimaki deluxe,I have some pics.any info would be greatly appreciated.serial number is 46042

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image.png
    image.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image.png
    image.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image.png
    image.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 76
  • image.png
    image.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image.png
    image.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 76
Riihimaki is the name of the town the Sako plant is located in, not a model of Sako. You have a late Model L46 Deluxe that appears to be all original & in great shape. Based on the serial number & stock shape/style I would guess it from the late 1950's. Our factory records service may have production information on it if it is within the records we have available. Peruse past threads about the Sako Model L46 small actions to get all the info on your rifle. Welcome to the club.

Riihimaki is the name of the town the Sako plant is located in, not a model of Sako. You have a late Model L46 Deluxe that appears to be all original & in great shape. Based on the serial number & stock shape/style I would guess it from the late 1950's. Our factory records service may have production information on it if it is within the records we have available. Peruse past threads about the Sako Model L46 small actions to get all the info on your rifle. Welcome to the club.
Thanks for the info& the welcome

Hi there.I have the very same L46 deluxe 222 in very good condition aswell,sweet little rifle.I was born in Belfast, see your from Ireland aswell.Do you hunt in Ireland ,we moved to Canada in the 60s.
Hi anthony,i most certainly do hunt there,whenever im home im living in australia at the moment but planning on moving home next year at some stage.i have leases in woods in offaly,Galway&wicklow so i get a taste of red,fallow&sika so pretty spoilt but pretty expensive!!and also lamp foxes thats where the .222 would come in!!wat part of canada do you live in now?beautiful country i would love to visit!!i work with a few welders from belfast,crazy guys

Hi anthony,i most certainly do hunt there,whenever im home im living in australia at the moment but planning on moving home next year at some stage.i have leases in woods in offaly,Galway&wicklow so i get a taste of red,fallow&sika so pretty spoilt but pretty expensive!!and also lamp foxes thats where the .222 would come in!!wat part of canada do you live in now?beautiful country i would love to visit!!i work with a few welders from belfast,crazy guys
Yes I live just outside of Ottawa,Ontario,live in the woods lots of whitetail deer geese black bear,black powder opens here Monday for deer,So ill hunting most of the week.Generally use my 222 for shooting nuisance beaver in the summer.but have 8 diff cal Sakos from 222 all the way to 338 mag for moose. Have my own wee range at home and do a lot of shooting with my 3 boys and wife hunts aswell. Always thought not much to hunt in Ireland,but maybe that's just around the north.

Yes I live just outside of Ottawa,Ontario,live in the woods lots of whitetail deer geese black bear,black powder opens here Monday for deer,So ill hunting most of the week.Generally use my 222 for shooting nuisance beaver in the summer.but have 8 diff cal Sakos from 222 all the way to 338 mag for moose. Have my own wee range at home and do a lot of shooting with my 3 boys and wife hunts aswell. Always thought not much to hunt in Ireland,but maybe that's just around the north.
Oh that sounds like heaven,even just getting out into the country the scenery must be breathtaking!!wat way does the hunting system work out there,do you lease the woods or is it a free for all?wel if your ever back in ireland and you want a taste of the hunting look me up,if its between september&February im sure we could bag you a deer!!

Back