• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako TRGs Yeti-hunting bear uses M995

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

David_S

Met this bear a few years back when camped at 6,000 ft. He reckoned the M995 in 6.5x55 was a great Yeti killer. Wouldn't let on how many he's shot or what bullet he used even when we tried to bribe him with chocolate and muesli bars! - David

P5070226 (Small).JPG

Met this bear a few years back when camped at 6,000 ft. He reckoned the M995 in 6.5x55 was a great Yeti killer. Wouldn't let on how many he's shot or what bullet he used even when we tried to bribe him with chocolate and muesli bars! - David

View attachment 11138
You are very brave to approach such a beast.

Go back and question suspect again using hot water. I understand Bears such as this are fearful of hot water. Good luck.

Stephen

Last edited:
Be sure to inform that bear that in many jurisdictions having a red or orange muzzle is mandated by law for toy or non-firing replica firearms to keep them from being mistaken from the real thing. In some of those same jurisdictions placing a red or orange muzzle on a functioning firearm is prohibited by law and is a punishable offense.

This is probably not the case where the Yeti-hunting bear lives, but is its in some places.

Be sure to inform that bear that in many jurisdictions having a red or orange muzzle is mandated by law for toy or non-firing replica firearms to keep them from being mistaken from the real thing

Never heard of that law out here. Mr Bear is no longer around, it being mid summer, to inform him of his lawlessness in other jurisdictions. But I think he was aware of it though as he did mutter something about he always put orange tape over the muzzle. Not only did it keep snow out of the barrel if he took a tumble (which, he hastily assured me was hardly ever) but it enabled him to sneak that much closer to yeti who foolishly thought the M995 was just a toy! Probably accounts for why there are so few yeti around - can't say I have ever seen one myself. Mr. Bear added that whenever he was trapped in an avalanche or deep now drift (which, he hastily assured me was hardly ever) he just poked the orange muzzle up through the snow where it was readily spotted by Mrs Bear who would dig him out. - :)David

Latest posts

Back