• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

30-06 Dickson-Howa Golden Bear

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

pgarv

Hello All. I'm trying to get some information on a 30-06 Dickson-Howa Golden Bear with a serial number of A3883H. Can't find anything on this serial number and am trying to get an idea of the value. A friend is selling and I might be interested. Do you know a good source to find out this information or could anyone here help. Thank you in advance..

The Dickson-Howa was a copy of the Sako L61R action made by Howa in Japan & has no connection to Sako other than the legal conflict with Howa resulting from their copying someone else's product. I know of no source for the info you request other than Howa. It's value is dependent on a host of factors & is impossible to determine over the internet sight unseen. Look for comps on the gun sites, keeping in mind it is NOT a Sako. Some here own the Golden Bear & may be able to provide some insight if they see your post. Good Luck.

As Paulson says, the Dickson-Howa is a copy of the Sako L61R, and a fairly decent one. I've owned a couple of them and would rate them a notch above your typical Rugchesterton. And two notches above a Mossberg or Savage. The aluminum bottom metal is a bit disappointing, but it does save weight and cost and is the equivalent of that of most current makes of bolt rifles.

Since hardly anyone in the market knows what they are they probably don't bring as much money as their commensurate value as a shooter. At the extreme, there is (or was recently) one on Gunbroker offered at $1,000 or so, which is way above what the market will do. At that price it will fester there until and unless society degenerates to Mad Max at Thunderdome levels. Only a willing buyer and willing seller can determine what a given item is worth in terms of dollars.

Here's one that SakoSource has on its site for quite a bit less than the Gunbroker offer: https://www.sakosource.com/1012s-d-h-.30-06.html

As Paulson says, the Dickson-Howa is a copy of the Sako L61R, and a fairly decent one. I've owned a couple of them and would rate them a notch above your typical Rugchesterton. And two notches above a Mossberg or Savage. The aluminum bottom metal is a bit disappointing, but it does save weight and cost and is the equivalent of that of most current makes of bolt rifles.

Since hardly anyone in the market knows what they are they probably don't bring as much money as their commensurate value as a shooter. At the extreme, there is (or was recently) one on Gunbroker offered at $1,000 or so, which is way above what the market will do. At that price it will fester there until and unless society degenerates to Mad Max at Thunderdome levels. Only a willing buyer and willing seller can determine what a given item is worth in terms of dollars.
Thank you. I appreciate the info. This thing is really beautiful. Not a mark on it. I'll throw something out and see what happens.

Back