• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Sako junky from Oklahoma

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Oilfied Ed

Quick intro! Good morning! Brand new to Sako ownership. Actually in the past month I have purchased 4. So i might have a slight issue! Ha.
.222 Rhiihmaki mannlicher guessing mid 50's
.243 L579 Forester guessing mid 60's
.22-250 varmint Forester 72. This one is incredible. I have the box, Styrofoam, plastic, hang tag, and the box it was originally shipped in. And the wood is amazing flamed tiger striped walnut (guessing walnut)
.222 Rhiihmaki Sporter

They are all incredibly beautiful.

I will post pictures when I have a little more time.

Have a great day everyone!
Ed

Welcome to our forum. Pics are always welcome, too! Just a heads up. Riihimaki is the town that the Sako factory is located, not a Model designation. Your 222 Rems are both a Model L46. Your two L46's & the L579 would fall within the range of serial numbers the club has factory records for. Click on "Factory Records Service" on the upper left of this page to request production & shipping records if you like.

Hello Ed,

I have a L461 .222 Rem. HB made in 1978, and my rifle has almost the same stock as your 72 although mine has more tiger Stripes. I talked to Steve SC some years ago about Sako rifles that were made in the 1970's having much better figured walnut then 1950's & 60's Sako rifles. I think Sako might of got hold of a high quality batch of walnut in the late 1960's and early 1970's and Ed and I have been lucky enough to have owned Sako rifles with that great quality walnut.

Blackjack

Hello Ed,

I have a L461 .222 Rem. HB made in 1978, and my rifle has almost the same stock as your 72 although mine has more tiger Stripes. I talked to Steve SC some years ago about Sako rifles that were made in the 1970's having much better figured walnut then 1950's & 60's Sako rifles. I think Sako might of got hold of a high quality batch of walnut in the late 1960's and early 1970's and Ed and I have been lucky enough to have owned Sako rifles with that great quality walnut.

Blackjack
Couldn't agree more on the lucky part! Thanks Blackjack!

Latest posts

Back