Banned
    I have a SAKO 243 I would like to sell it has a leupld scope on it,
    looking to get $800. out of it email me at ken1010@verizon.net,
    it is in excellant shape.

Banned
    What Sako model is it?

Banned
    hi i am after parts for a sako 243 finnwolf lever con anyone help

lots of Finnwolf questions the last few months. What a great rifle they are.

some of us have parts, and parts on any old Sako are hard to find. The best way is to just list here what you're looking for.

DeerGoose
    Central Virginia
    DeerGoose - Sako Rifle Enthusiast

Banned

Sako 243

I purchased a Sako today. It is a .243 serial # 15xxx and has bofors on the barrel. I am wondering if this is what is considered a Pre garcia model. It is in excellent condition with Sako rings and a beautiful stock. Paid $600 for it.
    ant info would be appreciated.

Oldsub- Yes it is and it's a good find . You paid a reasonable price for a great rifle. I would like to ask a question as I have found some of these with wider bottom metal (measured across the stock screw ears) than others. Would you be so kind as to give me a "not so rough" measurement and let me know. Thanks, Misako
    Cental USA

Banned
    I would agree with Misako, you got a good price on a great "pre-Garcia" rifle. With that serial number, it probably has the serrated half-moon floorplate latch that protrudes inside the trigger guard, correct? It's bolt probably has a bit more outward curve to it than the slightly later L579s. This keeps you from mounting some scope quite as low, but it usually is not a problem. Some of these early L579s had only longitudinal grooves on the top of the cocking piece rather than full checkering.

Misako, I've never noticed any differences in the bottom metal. Are you talking about the width of the bottom metal front and back where it narrows adjacent to the action screws? I have noted that the oldest of the L579s used a slightly narrower trigger and will not accept the slightly wider trigger of later models due to the slot in the trigger guard being too tight.

Stonecreek-On certain models of old L579s, if you measure the bottom metal across the stock screw areas, you can find certain rifles that take approximately 1/8" wider bottom metals that resemble the L57s without the fishbelly. The box magazine is different, the triggers are different (as you know) and of course the inletting of the stock is different. I came by this knowledge just because a "lardA#@" sat on my forester. The rest of the story is a bit lengthy. I put the barreled action in a standard forester stock, put the bottom metal away,without trying to use it too, and left things go for a few years. Then I bought a Deluxe stock from a club member and found that the bottom metal didn't fit. I tried all I had but no go. Then I found a deluxe rifle in New Hampshire and bought it sight unseen. The fellow told me that the stock wasn't much and the bottom metal didn't fit. The price was right. When I got it home from my FFL, I remembered my old engraved bottom metal and tried it and it fit perfectly. Then I tried it in the new stock bought a year previously and it fit that. I have been wanting to bring this up on the boards, but have not had time until now to "write a book" on it. Sakos can be a real challenge. (preaching to the choir, he says)-Best, Mike
    Cental USA

Banned
    I will have to wait to get that info for you, I had previously seen the rifle but couldn't make a deal. Out of the blue he called and asked if I was still interested. So I own the piece but don't have it in my hands yet.

Oldsub- I can wait. Guess we shouldn't ask for a pic just yet?-Mike
    Cental USA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast