• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

sako L461 vixen

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Banned
hello everyone,
i'm looking into buying a Sako L461 vixen heavy barrel in 222 rem. The serial number if i remember right was around 72xxx and i looked it up in the documents putting it in the 65's or 67's. The rifle is in very good condition i belive it is a deluxe model with a blonde stock very, very nice wood. the rifle also has a scope with rings and bases but i'm not sure what kind it was. i want to purchase the rifle but i think it is a little high so i'm wondering if anyone can give me an ideal what it might be worth also maybe something about the caliber would be nice. the rifle is probably 98% just a little wear but looks very clean. Thanks, Chas_214

Heavy barrel models were all "standard grade". Some early HB models did have a rather light stock stain, much more like the lighter Deluxes, however they did not have skip line checkering, extra bright blue, nor engraving on the floorplate. Despite the fact that it is not a Deluxe, it is still a very desirable rifle. Pricing is extremely subjective, as is condition (HB models are subject to being shot a lot, so examine the condition of the bore regardless of how nice the exterior may look). Any time you can get ahold of a nice and original pre-Garcia HB (bare gun, sans scope or mounts) for less than $800, you're probably doing well. If it is in extra nice condition, expect to pay more.

I remember the stock having a diamond shape grip cap and a forend tip but i was not sure if that made a difference. Thanks agian for the info Chas_214

Back