• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Ring Screws & Hood

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rocky

Is is possible to find screws for the Sako scope rings, or some replacement? I just brought some rings but the screw heads are all buggered up.

Also I'm looking at a Sako that is missing the hood on the front site. Can these be found, if so where?

Thanks!!

Rocky,welcome to the forum.You can contact tslans with a private message and find out if he has any extras from this (the last run I believe) of the ring screws for the older (traditional) Sako split rings.Tracy has put forth a great deal of time and work to make these almost impossible to find screws available to the club members. They are of excellent quality and just like the originals. You can also check with him about a hood . Good luck Jim

Last edited:
Rocky,

I have screws available for the Vintage Sako Split Scope Rings. There are pictures in this thread:

http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum...or-Vintage-Sako-Scope-Rings&p=26792#post26792

I am expecting delivery soon on the hoods that I am having manufactured. The hoods are the ones with the straight ends that fit the pre-Garcia (pre1972) rifles. I had pictures up on the old site. I will post them again as soon as I receive the new hoods. Both are still available. There are three members who ordered screws and never responded to my requests for shipping info, and 13 members who ordered hoods who likewise never responded. Thanks gunner620.

tslans

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!!!!

Tracy, I sent you a PM. Let me know if you received it.

I'm not sure my PM's are getting delivered.

Retap the screw holes to 6-48 and use the gun screws available in the Forester gun screw kit to replace them. Old Sako screws are now obsolete. The retapped holes have lots of strong 6-48 threads. Before the supply ran out they were about $4 each!

Louie, this great news and I really appreciate you taking up the reins from Tracy. I'm in need of a set of replacement screws - already stripped one and another screw is slightly buggered. So how do we place an order with you? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Rocky,

I have screws available for the Vintage Sako Split Scope Rings. There are pictures in this thread:

http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum...or-Vintage-Sako-Scope-Rings&p=26792#post26792

I am expecting delivery soon on the hoods that I am having manufactured. The hoods are the ones with the straight ends that fit the pre-Garcia (pre1972) rifles. I had pictures up on the old site. I will post them again as soon as I receive the new hoods. Both are still available. There are three members who ordered screws and never responded to my requests for shipping info, and 13 members who ordered hoods who likewise never responded. Thanks gunner620.

tslans

Back