• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Forester L579 sight base mounting screws

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Jjake

Greeting,

I am new to this forum and am hoping someone get help me. I have a Sako Forester L579 that was passed down to me. It was used when it was aquired and the iron sites had been removed. I would like to fill the mounting holes with screws to keep dirt and rain from getting in the holes; although in reality it is also for costmetics. The manual indicates the mounting screws to be M4 x 0.5 x 4.

I have search the internet for and cannot find a source for M4 x 0.5 x 4 screws. Does anyone now of a source?

Thank you

Not sure I have ever seen screw plugs for 4mm, but try some gunsmiths. They could be made, but would probably be prohibitively expensive. If all else fails just drill out the existing holes & tap to #6-48 or #8-40 (which ever works best) & use the common & readily available screw plugs in that size.

Thank you. I will likely leave it as is rather than modify the rifle but that is certainly an option.

Goodness, my first post was poorly written and had several spelling errors. Multi tasking is not my strong suit.

Thank you. I will likely leave it as is rather than modify the rifle but that is certainly an option.

Goodness, my first post was poorly written and had several spelling errors. Multi tasking is not my strong suit.

I was looking at this thread, and is it possible that it is a M3 x .05 x 4mm. I am not familiar with a M4 x .05 pitch, I have seen M4 x .07 Pitch. If that is the case you should be able to find these with realitive ease to see which one is the correct size and pitch.

Latest posts

Back