• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnfire P94s

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

fxf3

Greetings. Newbie here. I know next to nothing about Sako rifles except they are very eye sweet and fit and finish are about the best. Question: I recently prchased a (used) Finnfire P94S that I have lusted for quite a while. I just love high quality 22's. Is there any difference between the Finnfire P94S , I see there is or was a "hunter" model for a while, maybe an early production and middle and or later production. It has a gloss finish and adjustable trigger and the limited time I shot it, it performed quite well with the first couple types of ammo. Any help would be appreciated.

There are 2 models excluding the Range, Hunter which is the sporter and Varmint which is the heavy barrel version. They are both P94S models with a Walnut stock and gloss finish.

Greetings! Also new to this forum. I have 2 P94S models, the Varmint and the Range.

My Varmint is an oiled walnut with a semi-gloss rubbed finish with full curl on both sides. In the sun it looks like you can see about a quarter inch into the curl and just shimmers. It is the primary reason I bought it. I scoped it with a 6-18x40AO Leupold in old Warne vertically split steel rings.

The Range is also oiled walnut but not as glossy or as rubbed. I picked it up used from a shooter who offered it to me but insisted he keep the stainless Lilja barrel. I wanted the original Sako barrel with the rifle so we both walked away very happy. That one wears a Leupold 6.5-20x40AO EFR I robbed off one of my air rifles. I see no accuracy differences between them. Both are among the most accurate .22's that I own. The range is nice on the cheek, but the varmint is a bit more flexible for routine use.

I have seen some insane prices on the Varmints and Range models. The most recent was an owner asking $1700 for a Varmint with a 4-12 scope. I have seen the same rifle at least 3 times since at that price and it still is for sale.

Hello,
Any one know of where I can find an aftermarket trigger for my Finnfire.? Or someone that could do a trigger job on the factory trigger.

Greetings,

I recently put my P94S up on Gun Broker. It has some stock issues, but its metal and mechanics are perfect. So far, the response is unimpressive. Has interest in the P94S waned considerably?

Regards, Tom

Tom,

Didn't you just start this auction or am I missing something???? It is up to $800 which is pretty good for just launching the auction.

Hello,
Any one know of where I can find an aftermarket trigger for my Finnfire.? Or someone that could do a trigger job on the factory trigger.
I fitted a CG Millenium two stage target trigger to my P94S Range model. They are a British designed trigger ,sold here in Australia, not sure if available in the USA.
Conversion was easy, and the trigger is a big improvement on the standard ( not set trigger) unit.
Robert

Last edited:
Chasing some more info Robert on where you bought it ,what trigger was it intended for and conversion required? Have a set trigger on mine and sometimes the set function won't hold in place and drops back to the standard trigger.

I'm aware that this is a very old post , but i'm very interested in some information please.

Last edited:
Back