• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Carbine 9.3x62 Bavarian Carbine w/Schmidt &Bender

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

The modern European style of the Bavarian Carbine is attractive. Yours is exceptional in the grain character and satin finish.
The S&B tops it off nicely.
Your reticle choice is excellent for that caliber and barrel length.
Sweet gun!
What shall be your quarry?

Hello KutC,
I noticed the iron sights you have on this carbine. I am late to the Sako 85 bavarian scene but have had some luck. What I've had difficulty with is finding sights. I recently purchased the last set of front and rear sights for the Sako 85 bavarian from Brownells. The front sight appears to be the traditional adjustable iron sight (not like the one on your carbine). The rear sight, however, appears to match the one you have on your rifle. It's different (forward leaning) and thought I would ask you more about it before I return it or mount it on a bavarian I recently purchased that did not have front or rear sights.
Talk to you soon,
The Lorax

The sights on my carbine are the same as on the Black Bear and Arctos. The sights you purchased appear to be a Bavarian front and a Black Bear rear. You need to decide which style you prefer.

The sights on my carbine are the same as on the Black Bear and Arctos. The sights you purchased appear to be a Bavarian front and a Black Bear rear. You need to decide which style you prefer.
I prefer the bavarian. With short supplies I may hold on to both sets hoping I can find the right sight. The mounts appear to be the same dimentions and that's worth a lot. Some have suggested Williams sights. I like your front bead sight is the the Arctos? Thank for your input!

Gorgeous carbine! My AV .338 has similar safari sights although they angle backards. Both styles are much more attractive than the ‘oem’ Williams sights.

Attachments

• _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Guns_Screenshot_20210313-110156_Chrome.jpeg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Guns_Screenshot_20210313-110156_Chrome.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 6
I found two on Brownells for my AII deluxe and my AI hunter bring backs. The original buyer had removed them. The single mounting screws are too long, but there isnt enough thread to file them down, i posted on this before. I posted the part number too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back