• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Flaig's L61R

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

stonecreek

SCC Secretary
SCC Board Member
I always keep an eye out for proprietary Sakos, that is, Sako actions used to build rifles sold under another name. I had information that Flaig's, a large Pennsylvania shop which built a lot of spec and semi-custom rifles, used some Sako actions, but had not actually seen one before. One popped up on Gunbroker recently. If you'd like to look at it you can go to http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=404531261 I have no interest in this auction and am not bidding on it. Just posted to illustrate an uncommon proprietary Sako.

Thus far I have been able to identify Sakos sold under the following brands:

Browning
Wards (Western Field)
Colt
Harrington & Richardson
Beretta (not the current models but actual Beretta-branded rifles assembled in Italy)
Marlin
Sears (J.C. Higgins)
Anschutz
North America Grizzly
Magnum Research Mountain Eagle
Lazzaroni
O'Brien
Winslow
Flaig's
Holland & Holland
Dumoulin
Grendel
Imperial Magnum (Canada)

There could be one or two more floating around out there. I also like to count the Sako copy, the Dickson-Howa Golden Bear, in this group since it is an exact copy of a Sako.

Last edited:
Hey Stone......

You're forgetting "Chuck's Rifles"........and "Kevin's Rifles"..........:bigsmile3:
2up78u1.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are a few "Steve's Rifles" too.......:wink2:

Last edited:
I have one of Flaig's brothers guns. It is an L57 in 243. I believe it started out as a Montgomery Wards. They were cheaper to buy that way since they only used the action & stock. Douglas barrels ( they were tops back in the day )

Conco Arms is another custom maker that used Sako Actions… The laminated stock is well done, the bolt has been blued, and a three position Winchester type safety has been installed. There’s another Conco Arms “Sako” example on the forum, and I have seen other “Conco Arms” rifles, some with Winchester actions, on the Internet with the same exact characteristics… 996D596D-00DF-4580-8F9A-3E393CF1995A.jpeg

Attachments

• 6C5D7B06-B9D1-4E63-BF62-9E48CB1B106C.jpeg
    6C5D7B06-B9D1-4E63-BF62-9E48CB1B106C.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 26
  • A8C51D57-88C0-4441-A423-AB8A1FD1234E.jpeg
    A8C51D57-88C0-4441-A423-AB8A1FD1234E.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 27
  • 7ADF2D42-AF77-456A-9FDA-2852603C07B5.jpeg
    7ADF2D42-AF77-456A-9FDA-2852603C07B5.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 25
Conco Arms is another custom maker that used Sako Actions… The laminated stock is well done, the bolt has been blued, and a three position Winchester type safety has been installed. There’s another Conco Arms “Sako” example on the forum, and I have seen other “Conco Arms” rifles, some with Winchester actions, on the Internet with the same exact characteristics…View attachment 29501
She's a beauty sir, thanks for sharing!

Where was Conco located? Did they build only on order, or did they build spec (finished) rifles which they offered on the market or through retailers?

Where was Conco located? Did they build only on order, or did they build spec (finished) rifles which they offered on the market or through retailers?
I have no idea. I’ve tried to find more information on them, what kind of shop they were, and where the “shop” was located. No luck ! The only thing I’ve been able to find out about them is that this custom maker was maybe located in a town called Emmaus Pennsylvania… Whoever this was also appears to have imported firearms as part of the business… On the forum, If you look up “Cobaltboatfan”, he also has a 375 H&H Conco Arms rifle built on a Sako AV action. He posted pictures of it in 2014. His rifle is an absolute clone of my rifle... Here’s another Conco Arms rifle built on a Model 70 action in 375 H&H. It’s made in the same manner as mine and Cobaltboatfan’s rifle: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ms-mod--70--375-h-h-mag-.cfm?gun_id=100841873

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back