• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Optilock ring mounts for l61R, why is it so hard to find ring data?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I want a pair of the one piece 30mm Optilock ring mounts for my L61R with a heavy barrel. I have a pair of low 30mm Optilocks S1701904 and the height is 29mm (1.14 inch) but the scope just barely touches the barrel. The scope objective bell is 62 mm diameter.

Does anybody know the part number and height of a medium 30mm Optilock and know where to buy them?

I may have to go with the two piece set of rings with bases, but prefer the ring mounts. But even then, I can't find data that shows part numbers and actual heights.

Thanks very much

I want a pair of the one piece 30mm Optilock ring mounts for my L61R with a heavy barrel. I have a pair of low 30mm Optilocks S1701904 and the height is 29mm (1.14 inch) but the scope just barely touches the barrel. The scope objective bell is 62 mm diameter.

Does anybody know the part number and height of a medium 30mm Optilock and know where to buy them?

I may have to go with the two piece set of rings with bases, but prefer the ring mounts. But even then, I can't find data that shows part numbers and actual heights.

Thanks very much
Thanks! Too bad they put the sticker over the ring mount data; looks like they only list one height of 30mm ring mount though?

But based on that list, the low 30mm ring/base set will work.

I may have to go with the two piece set of rings with bases, but prefer the ring mounts.
You probably will need a two piece set. The one piece Sako 30mm ringmounts in medium are non existent. I’ve only seen and been able to source Sako 1” and 30mm one piece in low.

Well here's what worked for me with the heavy barrel and a Schmidt Bender with a 60 mm outside diameter bell. I got about 3 mm clearance.

Very nice. The woods get dark out here.

Attachments

• Optilock ring mounts for l61R, why is it so hard to find ring data?
    IMG_6676.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: ERP
Wow. What a scope! I have a Schmidt bender with a 56 mm. Used to be impressed with that.

Yes, I love it. I think cost as much as the rifle though; both purchased used. This is a 2.5-10x56 with a number 4 reticle. The 60 mm I mentioned is the approximate outside diameter of the tube end bell. I was after something that could be used in poor light, but also with a wide magnification range.

Back