• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

.375 sako mauser rifle stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

piyapan

Hi I’m looking for a new stock for .375 sako mauser magnum rifle year 1962.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 47D7F112-3A28-45F7-A4D6-48825B1B84FB.png
    47D7F112-3A28-45F7-A4D6-48825B1B84FB.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 6A3C1EF2-2F86-431A-8A1E-6B57B419C4F2.jpeg
    6A3C1EF2-2F86-431A-8A1E-6B57B419C4F2.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 23E00D89-FF25-4544-8EB3-C9B15C8172A1.jpg
    23E00D89-FF25-4544-8EB3-C9B15C8172A1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 33
  • AED9588E-26AA-4EA7-BDC9-19D0097F144F.jpeg
    AED9588E-26AA-4EA7-BDC9-19D0097F144F.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
What a pity! You have one of the very few Deluxe Sako-Mausers ever made. It looks like someone let the action screws get loose, which will inevitably result in cracking generated from the rear action tang.

It is highly unlikely that you will ever find a genuine Sako stock for your rifle, but the action is an FN Mauser, so any stock made for the FN Mauser can be easily adapted to your rifle. Such stocks are available from a number of sources.

What a pity! You have one of the very few Deluxe Sako-Mausers ever made. It looks like someone let the action screws get loose, which will inevitably result in cracking generated from the rear action tang.

It is highly unlikely that you will ever find a genuine Sako stock for your rifle, but the action is an FN Mauser, so any stock made for the FN Mauser can be easily adapted to your rifle. Such stocks are available from a number of sources.
Thank you.

Mr.Piyapan,
I am sorry to see your beautiful stock cracked like that. Please be aware that if you can pry the cracked portion open, there are low viscocity epoxy resins that will bind the cracked portions together. They are structural adhesives and have excellent bond, compressive, flex tensil strengths. One name is Prime Resins Injection Resin,the other is Sika Hi Mod LV. Construction supply vendors should be able to get them or a suitable substitute for you. Of course the cracks would remain visable, but if you clamp the crack tightly they may be not so visable. as the color of them is amber. For more details feel free to get in touch with me.
Best of luck, B/T

Mr.Piyapan,
I am sorry to see your beautiful stock cracked like that. Please be aware that if you can pry the cracked portion open, there are low viscocity epoxy resins that will bind the cracked portions together. They are structural adhesives and have excellent bond, compressive, flex tensil strengths. One name is Prime Resins Injection Resin,the other is Sika Hi Mod LV. Construction supply vendors should be able to get them or a suitable substitute for you. Of course the cracks would remain visable, but if you clamp the crack tightly they may be not so visable. as the color of them is amber. For more details feel free to get in touch with me.
Best of luck, B/T
Thank you

Look on e-bay under used Sako stocks, there are several that you may be able to use with some work ? B/T

Mr. Pyapan,
Look on e-bay under "used Mauser stocks." Take the action out of your stock & compare your stock internals with the ones you see on e-bay. If you see one you think will work, ask questions from the seller. Also look for the statement about shipping, as some sellers do not ship outside the USA.
Also there are stock makers that you may be able to send your stock to as a sample for them to make a duplicate. How much you spend is your personal business. B/T

Mr. Pyapan,
Look on e-bay under "used Mauser stocks." Take the action out of your stock & compare your stock internals with the ones you see on e-bay. If you see one you think will work, ask questions from the seller. Also look for the statement about shipping, as some sellers do not ship outside the USA.
Also there are stock makers that you may be able to send your stock to as a sample for them to make a duplicate. How much you spend is your personal business. B/T
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back