• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New to me l61r in 30-06

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hunter25
Congratulations on the new grandson! Grandchildren are wonderful free entertainment!
I have 5 of the little monsters, actually a couple of them have gotten quite large!
Best wishes and thoughts go out to the little dude!
Hoping everyone is doing well.

Bloorooster

A couple quick full length outdoor photos.
I'll probably order another sling and some cartridge holders similar to some I have now. Found a small leather shop in Lithuania with unique products and really good pricing and shopping on etsy.

Hey!
It’s another one of those shiny little donuts!
Yes it is, a fine looking gun! She should serve well , but she’ll get dirty looks from some of the other Gals in the safe. Jealousy will rise, as “That new European gun in corner gets all the attention!”

Bloo

They only hold 5. I prefer 10 but honestly have never needed them.
She makes a couple sizes and several different stamped designs. I gave several for Christmas gifts last year.
I'll see if I can find the link

I see she added some 10 count.
And normally has slings and such.
She responds fairly quickly to messages also.

25, those pouches are nice. For years I used a leather ammo pouch that slides on your belt and holds 12. But they were just too big, made it hard to put anything else on your belt. So I started cutting them in half to make 2 pouches, one for 6 rounds and the other for 5. One loop was lost when you cut it in half. I put the 5 round on my belt and if I think I need more rounds, I load the 6 round and carry it in a pocket. The pouch keeps the ammo from rattling around loose in your pocket. Plus the smaller pouch let me put something else on my belt. My are plain though and not as nice looking as your custom made ones.

ammo holder.jpg

Question for the group: does the fact that FinnBears are a bit heavy help make them more accurate in the long action calibers? Is it not necessary in the 243 and 308? Does it reward you for lugging an extra pound up those hills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad…good question. A rifle ,in connection to accuracy according to weight, can be understood in different aspects. A heavy barrel contour may be less whippy than a Sporter weight barrel. That will be of any size or caliber. Heavy barrels heat up slower. Blah blah..
On the other hand…heavier rifles, because of the extra mass can be more accurate for the shooter because the gun doesn’t wobble and twitch like an ultralight can in the hands of the shooter, making it easier or more steady to hold on and follow thru the shot.

make sense?

bloo

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for the group: does the fact that FinnBears are a bit heavy help make them more accurate in the long action calibers? Is it not necessary in the 243 and 308? Does it reward you for lugging an extra pound up those hills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad, that question has a lot of ifs, ands, and buts and some butts. For example, my butt is wore out, so if I can step out of the truck and shoot across a fence post, I'd like to shoot my almost 9 lb 264 Deluxe. If I have to walk maybe as far as 1/4 mile (at the most and also flat land) to take a shot, I'd want my deluxe 243 and someone with me to drag the deer back to the truck. Until my butt wore out in my early 70's, I would walk hills all day with a 9 to 10 lb Sako with very little problem. I wouldn't get tired of carrying the rifle, but my feet might hurt a little.

Back