• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Vixen .223 1970's?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Need some help on this one guys. I would like to sell it but have heard a huge range of numbers.... any help is incredibly appreciated as I am a beginner to Sako.View attachment 24123 View attachment 24124 View attachment 24125 View attachment 24126 View attachment 24127 View attachment 24128
Appears to be a really clean A1 HB. Looks like Millet ringmounts with a Bushnell Scope Chief scope. The rifle is of later production, after 1979, most likely early 80’s. The early Sporter rifles in .233 bring the highest value, however, even in an HB A1, you still have a very nice sought after specimen. The value is open for discussion, as it really depends on several factors. I’d look at auction sights, Gunbroker etc, to weigh the market. If you place an add here and the price is in line you’ll have folks contacting you almost assuredly. Hope this helps.

Edit: completely agree with Stonecreek below. The A1’s on the red table, etc (Gunbroker) are completely mis-priced. Those rifles have been re-listed over, and over. I’d also agree with his ballpark assessment in where the market is related to a HB rifle such as yours.

Last edited:
Your AI heavy barrel is a desirable rifle (like any Sako!) The market for heavy barrels is not at broad as that for sporters, but it should still be a fairly liquid commodity. The rings and scope aren't particularly premium, so don't count them as adding substantially to the value of the gun.

You can see some fantasy prices asked for Sakos when you look at offerings on Gunbroker or Guns International, so don't be misled by those "beyond market" prices if you're interested in actually selling your rifle. Instead, look at the prices Sakos actually sold for in the "completed items" on Gunbroker.

Ballpark: Less than $1,000 would be an attractive price for a buyer; more than $1,000 would be an attractive price for someone selling as an individual -- give or take a couple of hundred depending on the phase of the moon and the real estate market in China. As with opinions in general, others may vary higher or lower since it is impossible to accurately judge the value of a rifle via only a few photos on the internet.

Thank you all for the info! I just sold it for $1100 + $75 transfer fee. I believe it was a fair deal by all acounts

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back