• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Opening Day!

• Thread starter Deleted member 14372
  • Start date

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

decisions, decisions!

I have my choices narrowed down…L57 Deluxe, 308win..#1 (fair weather gun)..Grendel SRT 20, .308win.. #2 (rain and snow)..AV Fiberclass..25/06 rem.. #3. ( hell or high water)

For doe or meat conditions … .Tripledeuce and 22-250 will be fun!

bloo

I've tried that Stone. It doesn't work. It's like when the wife and I go to a restaurant, I have intentions to order something different
I'm the same way when it comes to food. And considering that my wife is very narrow-minded and doesn't want me trying out other wives, about the only variety that comes my way is in shooting different rifles. She has long-since acquiesced in my having a variety of rifles rather than a variety of women.

I know some people bring a pistol with them in addition to their rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dad- I did that for years because I never wanted to use my .308 for a "coup de gras" shot, so I used a 22Mag. Then, a gent I was hunting with told me it was against the law to possess a under powered firearm during big game seasons. A bit later in the day, I asked him how he knew this. He told me he was the county sheriff!

I carry a 1911 when bow hunting..for bear..but when rifle season is in I feel no need to. Open carry here in WV..or concealed..don’t matter. Everybody’s packin’

bloo

I carry a 1911 when bow hunting..for bear..but when rifle season is in I feel no need to. Open carry here in WV..or concealed..don’t matter. Everybody’s packin’

bloo
Carry this in grizz - black bear, wolf and cougar country, maybe a little over gunned for some but it comes with high confidence.

Attachments

• B945A206-9A9A-4E48-9677-60157B8259ED.jpeg
    B945A206-9A9A-4E48-9677-60157B8259ED.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 24
30/06
With apologies to “Sako only” hunters
I was using my 7600 that was a gift from a great friend that was hunting with me today.
Tomorrow morning the A III .270 workhorse goes out for some deer management work.
They are both special in my eyes.
Way to go Kax !!

Evening before closing, lots of bucks looked at before he took this buck, his first Muley. 100 yds, downhill, with his M591 .243. 100 gr. Ballistic tip through the neck.

Attachments

• 20211119_172222.jpg
    20211119_172222.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211119_172236.jpg
    20211119_172236.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211119_170659.jpg
    20211119_170659.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 27
Here in Pa. I prep my area where I know the “edges “ of wood lots and fields. When the “Red moon comes” I’m ready . The red moon has nothing to do with color. Except blood. I’ve learned over all my years of hunting. That a Mature Buck will NOT ever leave his sanctuary. Until that moon is directly above my head. It’s the gravitational pull that gets them moving. So I check on my phone when that moon will be up in my Zip code. Then (4) days before. I have a grapevine that I wire tie to an overhanging branch. (3/4) of an inch. No bigger. Then apply “Smokey’s orbital eye gland lure on the tip-off vine .
Exactly at a mature bucks eye level. The Mature buck in the area will be there. And so will I.

300 days till opening day. Gotta get to work preparing! [emoji1787]

When I’m not Hunting I’m thinking about hunting. When I’m not shooting Sako’s I’m thinking about shooting Sako’s

I have the same fever. Thinking about developing loads, putting up new tree stands, planting food plot. Sako Fever?

Hi fellows!
Preparing for the next season is a lot of work, but it is what makes our sport both quality excersize & keeps our minds active. What forb did well this year, are several species benefiting from the plantings, what plantings are drought tollerant? How well did the deer use it, etc. Best job I ever had !! Our season ends mid January. Time to get soil samples & apply lime as needed. How blessed are we to still be able to do these things. Best wishes to all and keep well! Almost forgot, Clean rifles & equipment. reload, avoid honey do list!
B/T

Back