• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 218B on gunbroker

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Bid history shows safari72 in the mix. 12 days to go & see where “mkt value” settles. Current top bid made in first 36 minutes.

I doubt that our old friend from Montana (S72) will see enough margin in this one to stay in the hunt. Looks like some serious Sako guys are onto this one.

But who knows, if S72 buys it then it might emerge in a few weeks as the only Deluxe Bee ever to leave the factory -- and in "as new" condition.

If I could get six of you guys to each bet me a thousand dollars that it would go for less than $6,000 then I would buy it for that amount and have a free gun.:D

There have been several .218 bee’s for sale in the last few years via GI & auctions (I.e., poulin
auction), so not the last one available. Problem would be a reset of value in a snapshot of time or “angry” asking prices leaving frustrated sellers sitting on excessively high reserves due to inflated expectations.

There have been several .218 bee’s for sale in the last few years via GI & auctions (I.e., poulin
auction), so not the last one available. Problem would be a reset of value in a snapshot of time or “angry” asking prices leaving frustrated sellers sitting on excessively high reserves due to inflated expectations.
Absolutely right.
The last 218 I watched went for like $2300 last year, and it was in very poor condition in comparison to this one. The previous understanding of conditions has also softened in the name of rarity.
The angry prices we talk about here are becoming happy prices for those who believe or simply
To me .. the price rise is directly proportional to what buyers and sellers read , learn and accept as truth from the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
.....would be a reset of value in a snapshot of time or “angry” asking prices leaving frustrated sellers sitting on excessively high reserves due to inflated expectations.

The "angry" asking prices seem common for most other calibers, but the Bee and 7x33 and maybe one or two more may be exempt from angry prices. I don't track them like a lot of you, but seems to me they all sale at sky high prices and don't languish unsold. I'll make a prediction, if it goes for $5000 it WILL NOT shake any of the remaining 480 or so out of hiding in closets. And if we have to wait a year or two for another one to show up for sale, it will bring more than $5000. How much more will probably surprise us. Good luck to all you bidders!

Another real pisser is Gunbroker charges sales tax now.
Then we get the honor of the 1% for who knows what, that GB charges just to be a willing buyer. I try not to purchase anything for more than "bottom barrel prices" from those that charge credit card fees and excess shipping.

That is the "backdoor" definition of Gunbroker.

Back