• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako finnbear value

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi Denny - If you're able to share some pictures of the rifle the folks here can probably provide a pretty solid range in terms of value. Which engraving does your gun sport on its floor plate?

Here's a few pictures for you. I've had it for 40 years. When I purchased it the only thing I didn't Ike was the end of the barrel looks as if a sight was removed.
87e51daf76f54c47b4b4a2c6070e99d3.jpg
be5fe02444e47eecb1dcb83e4d92dc6f.jpg
9e3252d11ad45385e4a65d4765f60c64.jpg
817cbde09ba0a0bbbaf701b6b0849f86.jpg
1189bc863066acdd6bfa8f0b2b263812.jpg
61a0a9d7f1cb63c464d0176658eb86f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hi Denny,

Hopefully it goes without saying, it’s difficult for the group to offer a value or a potential price point from six photos but I’ll stab at it. Remember this is my opinion based on several years of owning and collecting. There’s many factors to be taken into consideration regarding my opinion as well as others, i.e. overall condition, originality, regional factors, time of year, etc -and so on.

I’ve seen a few mint rifles in your configuration and caliber sell for $2500-$3000 +\-. Obviously a rare floor plate can add a premium - as well as a 26” barrel. So chew on that.

Yours appears to be a nice rifle with some stuff which takes it out of the mint category. Doesn’t mean it isn’t appealing to someone looking specifically for a Deluxe in your caliber. Realistically however, there are some issues which would reduce value which and are simply unavoidable. 1. Front sight being removed is pretty significant. 2. It appears to have some character dings (most Hunting rifles do), but they must be factored. 3. Sling mounts appear to be non-original. The 6 photos don’t indicate much more, but the clarity isn’t great, so again it’s difficult to find potential additional flaws.

You’re rife COULD bring (IMHO)) $1700-$1800+\- based on my observations. Personally I don’t see any more and perhaps others will disagree, which is good for the debate and discussion. Please don’t take offense if my ball park values seems lower than your expectation.

Take care from down here in crazy-ville….

The front sight being removed & the other dings take it out of the "desirable" category for any "serious" collectors consideration. The very common "Sakolope" floor plate doesn't add any premium either. The caliber still gives it a slight advantage over another Deluxe in similar condition in a common caliber. I personally wouldn't invest in it for anything other than a Deluxe I could hunt with & not lessen it's future value. For me $1200 would be the upper limit, but others may feel differently. Removing that front sight was a game changer as far as any "collector" potential. Enjoy using it, as it's a fine hunting rifle & don't fret over it's "value". Just my two cents!

Thanks for all the input(s). I retired using this rifle about 10 years ago. Killed quite a few elk with it. It's really an accurate rifle. Just hard to find 300 H&H ammo. Living in the PNW I've gone over to synthetic and stainless. Latest being a Tikka T3X 300 win. Its a great rifle too, very accurate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back