• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

1000 made???????

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

eddsako

Banned
Hi guys I have been very curious as to whether there really only 1000 50th anniversary rifle ever made as there is always 3 or 4 for sale every month in the U.S I wonder if more 50th Anniversary rifle made than were supposed to have. I am thinking that without a box and papers they are not as collectable. They are really nice but always appear for sale regularly and not receive as much as other anniversary models I am not sure if that is because of the undesirable caliber in 7mm. I think it is a really good caliber and shoots very accurately. I still really like them but am a little more partial for the 70th anniversary which you hardly ever see advertised in fact have never seen advertised except for once on Lauritz. I know even less 70's were made.
sako anni.jpg my_sako_70th_anniv_30-06_02.jpg my_sako_70th_anniv_30-06_14.jpg

Ed

I've never seen a 50th with a serial # higher than the 800's here in the states. I think that most 50th's were purchased by the WWII generation. And since the WWII generation is mostly gone, the 50th's are being sold by the estate or their heirs, who don't have an attachment to these guns. I was amazed at the selling price ( of well over $1400.00) of a 50th that was placed into a custom stock that mocked a regular Sako deluxe with out checkering. And I agree with you . . . they keep surfacing every month or so.

Secondly the US economy is so sluggish, and interest rates are so low, the older generation is being forced to sell off some of their assets to pay their bills. A lot of people are being forced into the stock market because of interest rates lower than 1% for the standard savings accounts at US banks.

I have a 1992 Blue Book that lists the 50th @ 100% = $1500.00 So if you paid $1500.00 for one 20 years ago, and they are for sale NIB for $2495 on guns international today. They are the slowest Sako in rising value over time.

*******, I agree, they are for sale all the time. I do have a question for you; the last picture you posted, is that on your 50?
bowne1

I guess that is another Sakoism. My 50 does not have the carving at the end of stock close to the recoil pad. I saw another one at a gun show a few weeks ago and it looked like mine.. I also noticed that the one in the pick has the red recoil pad and mine has the old (crap pad) that I look to replace all the time.. Thanks for the pics.

Bowne- The one with the red pad and the carving by the butt, is a 70th Anniversary model. One of the moderators on this forum has one. I believe it is still in his collection.- Great rifle.-Misako

Misako, thanks for that. I have never seen a 70th. I looked it up and WOW.. Can you still find them? Do you know how many they made.. Thanks again..B

Bowne1 I have been looking for a 70th for 5 years and have only ever seen two for sale one in Australia used gun site and the other on Lauritz where I think one of our moderators bought one. They are relatively rare and I think only 500 were made, not sure though. I reckon they are the pic of the anniversary models.

Bowne- The picture that is of the Fullwood Sako (Mannlicher) is the 70 th Anniversary model. I may be wrong but they come with the case and a Ziess scope and a few other things. I'll let the owner of the rifle tell more about it. Hope he is in good health. -Misako

Last edited:
There were on 70 of the 70th made and on 69 released to the public i have personally seen the one misako is taling about and the last i talked to the owner he was doing very well

Right! Only 1,000 50th, 999 released. The first of everything goes to the SAKO museum in Helsinki. There is a ton of information on the Anniversary rifles on this site. I know, I wrote a lot of it. One of our passive members owns one in the late C900 range.

There were only 70 of the 70th; 69 released. That's doing it the right way. The 70th had "The Works". Hand made case, scope, sling, serialized cartridge boxes (2).

Edd; What were the Anniversary rifles BEFORE the 50th?? I need to get one.

Scott: Sweet .223 and great groups. Mike; Thanks. I've been checking in on the site but not posting. One operation to go in a couple weeks and I hope to get back in the fray again.

Best to everyone. See you in September. (That oddly sounds like a Beach Boys song:eyebrows:)

S-A

For those of you who are interested, look on page 5 in the General section for the thread Anniversary Model - oddly enough, initiated by Edd. :wink2:

Regards,

S-A

Glad you are not old enough to remember the "Tempos". Hope to hear from you more in September.:weedpoke:Misako

Last edited:
I wonder how many SuperDeluxe models were produced??? I've seen a few abroad on the web and have mention of them in one of my "price guides" ( I think its the Gun Traders Guide to the universe) They are stocked the same as the Annie's but don't have the metal work (acorns and oak leaves).:happy2: Hey S/A! ~Bloo

L61R

70 year anniversary model
05.09.1991. 910001 910070
right from the sako webpage. now as we all know never say never with sako but I am pretty sure this number would be correct.......please ed stop thinking

I like the way Edd thinks...one more, just one more in hope that it will make it to my gunsafe. WWCWD!~Bloo

Latest posts

Back