• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Some basic rules for posting pics of your beautiful Sakos!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
Guys!

Here is the section where you can post pics of all your beauties!

Since we are so many members now, and growing by the day, we must take some precautions.

The Lefora forums are free and do not have a lot of storage space. Therefore, please use a photo site like Photobucket, flickr or smilar.
Just upload all your photos there and use an image link from the site of your choice.
This ensures we do not use too much storage space.
If you absolutely must upload pics from your computer, keep the pics small (640x480 size) and do not upload more than four pics in each post, please!

As you may have noticed, all our posts are shown in the Recent Posts in the sidebar on the right hans side. I would be very grateful if we could refrain ourselves from posting replies to pictures shown in this section! This to ensure we donxB4t "overflow" the Recent Posts with unnecessary posts.
Yes I know!! ItxB4s hard not to when you see all fantastic rifles but please try!
t.gif

It will make it a lot easier to find posts and to navigate the site.

Thanks!

Jim aka L61R

The moderators may move this thread since you didn't post any pictures of this beautiful Sako you seek info on...regardless, your 30-06, best as I can see from my records is from around '67...you should have a Bofors stamped barrel on it and it should have and "s" type floor plate release, not the push button type as seen on the later L-series and up, the crossbolt/recoil lug should have an open center with two tiny holes. Sako's serial numbers bounce around alot at times, so if your gun shows all these things, then the date should be close...Hope this helps-Bloo

Just after a quick 123 on how to post photos up on the post reply, keeping them within the guide lines, using windows type computer?
wanted to ask before i get it wrong!
regards
L-46

Guys!

Here is the section where you can post pics of all your beauties!

Since we are so many members now, and growing by the day, we must take some precautions.

The Lefora forums are free and do not have a lot of storage space. Therefore, please use a photo site like Photobucket, flickr or smilar.
Just upload all your photos there and use an image link from the site of your choice.
This ensures we do not use too much storage space.
If you absolutely must upload pics from your computer, keep the pics small (640x480 size) and do not upload more than four pics in each post, please!

As you may have noticed, all our posts are shown in the Recent Posts in the sidebar on the right hans side. I would be very grateful if we could refrain ourselves from posting replies to pictures shown in this section! This to ensure we donxB4t "overflow" the Recent Posts with unnecessary posts.
Yes I know!! ItxB4s hard not to when you see all fantastic rifles but please try!
t.gif

It will make it a lot easier to find posts and to navigate the site.

Thanks!

Jim aka L61R

The Sako Collectors Forum is now hosted on a different server and uploading photos and photo capacity is not a problem.

Simply click "Upload a File", the second button below the reply space, then navigate to the photo on your computer. You'll have two choices as to how they photo is displayed, thumbnail or full. Click whichever you prefer, but the full shows on your post whereas with the thumbnail the viewer has to click on it to see it full size.

You can also simply paste the "image" link to Photobucket or similar services into your reply. The photo will appear as long as your photo service account is active and your photo remains there.

stonecreek,
I was trying to minimize my signature and still show a Yin Yang icon.
Thank you for the helpful information!

any tips on setting trigger pull? AV 270
Yes- You can find some instructions and read them. This is just a suggestion so you can put things in their proper place, such as this question that is in the "picture posting section".-Misako

Back