• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L61R Super Deluxe -- Factory Presentation Model?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

You might try uploading them to a site like Photobucket, then simply inserting the image link in your SCC post.

Very nice Super Deluxe based rifle. Very personal once to someone. Good find. I would suggest that you troll the web for some established gun shops in and around Helsinki. Retired factory old-timers sometimes will work in or even own a gun shop after retirement. Seek them out.

You don't hear from the factory because the personnel that run the place are all Beretta or mostly imported from Italy with Franco Beretta now on site.

I'd try finding the gun shops with former factory old-timers who just want the slower pace. Maybe Jim can think of some off-the-cuff.

I'd circulate the pictures to a few of the shops and I'll bet you get a hit sooner or later.

Did you try asking Stephan Serlachius? I know he's still around because I exchanged emails with him early last week.

S-A

Yes, good to see you back, S-A!

I've had no feedback from any source on this unique rifle, but perhaps your post bringing it back to the top of the list will expose it to more people. Maybe eventually someone will come across this thread who can shed some light on it.

In the meantime, I'm tempted to take it out hunting. I don't mean to shoot it, or even mount a scope on it -- just showing this rifle to a deer should cause it to keel over dead in its tracks.:)

Thank you, and, yes, it has been a while. Not that I haven't been spying on you guys now and then! Been nice just reading the forum and watching it grow. Jim's done a great job. Mike's kept me laughing with his messages of hope and inspiration. I'll be on more often now and do my usual best to confuse any and all issues I can.

I might actually be able to go hunting again this Fall. What a concept!

S-A

Back