• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Something Different

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

scottbitterman

Usually we see the after the shot of what we have taken with our sakos now i thought this would be interesting to show the before the shot.this weekend i made a pass by of my hunting spot in wv and decided to throw outt the trail cams for a few days here are two of the better picts that were taken PICT0014.JPG PICT0020.JPG

Looks like a fun pastime. There are times when I wished I lived much closer to my deer hunting area.-Misako

Scotty, very serene and lush. Wonder if those woods in your area are infested with ticks like they are here in Virginia? Lyme disease is prevalent here in the mountains and I don't just expose myself to those critters if I don't have to. Great pictures . Jim

Jim after removing the trail cams and a 5 hour drive home I did find 1 tick on my but we have taken plenty of deer from that parcel of land and thats the first tick I have seen. I was happy to see a few bucks in the area but it was what i didnt see that made me happy... no yotes

Scott - nice pictures - what make model of camera do you have? I don't go in the woods without a camera any more. Having trail cameras out year round is like having multiple Christmas's - just love picking up the camera cards every couple months and never know what you will see. I have gotten pictures of deer, bear, foxes grey and red, coyotes, fishers, Had one of my cameras stolen last year - it was a real bummer !!

Nice Photos Scott...The fawns are hitting the ground now here and the song dogs are on the move. With all the baby critters its a bit of a buffet...My calling efforts have been unrewarded so far but I think its simply because there are quite a few guys in my area with e-callers.

Ticks and Lymes...In another month the tick population will peak...I haven't found any yet this year on myself but my son did last week after an all day ATV ride.
Last year in July I got into a nest of ticks during a yote hunt...I bet you I removed 30 or more from myself, standing naked by my pickup truck and flailing around trying to rid myself of them...they infested my truck too as I didnt find them all before I climbed in the seat (clothing back on), They would climb on my wife though, every time she got in the truck for about a week...she was NOT pleased. Backwoods Off helps some , just be careful about applying it to your Butt....Bloo

My wife too is a tick magnet, a couple of times in August I think see managed to place herself squarely in a nest of seed ticks and I can also confirm that she was not a happy camper!!! She had an uncountable number of bites, seems they bite take a few steps/leaps and bite again. The seed ticks are so small but I think the are all teeth, those critters are hungry! Well, life is much better for me if she stays tick free. Jim

Wood ticks are the norm...easy to spot in most places provided that ...well...you know. The deer tick or seed tick are scary as they are so small and pale in color can go unnoticed for too long.

Mike...the belly button is the first place they go! Mine was level full I think in last year's event. One or two never bothered me before...deer flies are more bothersome for me as they leave a nasty welt after the painful bite lets you know you got nailed. Parasites just suck.....

I should get my T-cam out and see what is lurking around my hunting grounds. Lots of coons and skunks for sure....the skunks help keep the yellow jackets out of my yard and the coons keep eating everyones petfood. The local domesticated deer can be seen almost every evening...standing on their hind legs eating out of the neighbors bird feeder. Tender new growth every where and they still prefer birdseed? ~Bloo

Might be getting even with birds keeping them awake. My old black lab used to let a full grown coyote eat his dog food.- Back to ticks. I have seen a few on Deer and many on turkeys. Depends on a wet spring and boy do we have one. Texas and Oklahoma will be next in line.-Misako

Scott - nice pictures - what make model of camera do you have?

X2

Ticks - They sound right nasty. Would sure spoil your hunting. Not a problem here though you do find a few on pigs. Our biggest problem is sandflies especially on overcast days, but if you climb high enough (1,000m) you leave them behind. - David

Marlin my camera is a spypoint 2in1 i like it much better then the cheaper one i also use but that on didnt produce any buck for viewing pleasure.Hopefully those two boys will hang around until the rifle season.

Scotty Bee....I noticed the buck in photo #2 looks like he is gonna be a contender, showing good potential with those fat pedicles! Hope he makes it thru the summer....then into your crosshairs!

BTW.....Scott, have you heard that WV opened season for deer using an x-bow this coming fall! ~Bloo

Back