• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

l61r and zeiss scope

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

tim

I just bought a zeiss conquest 3.5 -10 x44 for my l61r. I don't have any rings yet looks like I need .5in of space between the top of the dove tail to the bottom of the scope. While looking up the leupold rings it shows low having somthing like .75in are there measurements the same as I am measuring? Any one have leupold mounts and this scope on your l61r thanks.

Leupold gives it's height measurements from top of dovetail (or bottom of ringmount) to center of ring opening. So, if you have a one inch rings, subtract 1/2" to get distance from top of dovetail to bottom of scope.

It will be close with Leupold low rings. I have an L61R that I mounted a Kahles 3-9x42 with low rings. Pic for reference.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-21_20-12-39.png
    upload_2016-2-21_20-12-39.png
    197 bytes · Views: 7
Leupold ringmounts heights from top of dovetail to bottom of scope tube are: Super High=.660", High= .506", Medium= .360", Low= .260". I think you can see from deerhunter's pic that his ringmounts are most likely not Lows, but we all misremember from time to time. Some 40mm objective scopes will fit with Mediums. Others 40mm's, especially ones with AO's will not. Your 44mm is more than likely going to need Highs. Set the scope on small wood blocks on the dovetails & measure what height you need & you won't develop a ring collection like I did.

Leupold ringmounts heights from top of dovetail to bottom of scope tube are: Super High=.660", High= .506", Medium= .360", Low= .260". I think you can see from deerhunter's pic that his ringmounts are most likely not Lows, but we all misremember from time to time. Some 40mm objective scopes will fit with Mediums. Others 40mm's, especially ones with AO's will not. Your 44mm is more than likely going to need Highs. Set the scope on small wood blocks on the dovetails & measure what height you need & you won't develop a ring collection like I did.

You're probably right now that I look at the picture. I usually try to use lows though. My ring collection drawer runneth over with mistakes.:)

It's a 270 and shoots MOA or better out to 300 yds with my 130gr Partition load (furthest I've shot it on paper).

Back