• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 25-20 win

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

What? Haven't you ever enjoyed turkey burger?

Actually, if you can manage to hit them right at the wing root you miss all of the breast and suffer no meat loss. The first one I can chalk up to skill, the second one was plain old dumb luck.

Finally I've found the original 22 mm Sako scope mounts. A 2 3/4x Pecar has been installed in those mounts. The rifle got a vintage look, and I'm very satisfied with the result...
//Andreas

Hi Ajez,

Glad to hear that you found some vintage Sako rings to fit to your Sako. The Pecar scope is also one that I'm looking to acquire for my L46. I think they just look right. If you could, please post some pictures of the new set up. Skane is a beautiful county, I spend some time in the summer in Falsterbo, the kids love the beaches there

Best Regards,

Rowdy

Hi Rowdy,
I,ll send you some pictures of my set up. I'll also post som new pictures in this thread in a couple of days. As an information I've got a spare Pecar 2 3/4 (for more information send me an private message).
Regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the pictures, it is a classic ! Well done to you.

I'll send you a PM

Best Regards,

Rowdy

I think that those flame-stained Arctic Birch stocks can be really attractive. That's a very nicely done and classic example of an early L46 and I love the scope set-up. I'd grab it in a heartbeat if it were on this side of the Atlantic! Congratulations, Ajez!

You found a 25-20 L-46; you then found a magazine for it.....and then you bought it for $25? Life is certainly going your way.

Hello Sako Lovers,

Does anyone have any reloading information for the .25-20 WCF? I would like to know what powder is recommended.
Would the powder be a pistol cartridge powder? I can't seem to find any dope on this lovely little round here in England.
Are the only bullet weights 60g and 87g. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Blackjack

Don't know if you can get AA2200 powder, but my .25-20 load uses a Winchester 86 grain jacketed bullet with 13.5 grains of AA2200 for 1725 fps. Unfortunately, this is for a nice old Savage 23 bolt gun, not an L46:(.

Thank you Jim & Steve,

I have two tins of Nobel ICI Smokeless Powder No. 2. The metal cans are grey in colour, and the bloke who gave me this powder used the powder to re-load his pistol ammunition, but I don't know what calibre. Would It be wise to load the .25-20 WCF cartridges with this powder?

Mike BJ

Mike: I can't find any reference material which would tell me what the relative burning rate might be of ICI No. 2. However, if it is labelled as a pistol powder then I doubt it being suitable for your .25-20.

Ohiochuck - that is certainly a comprehensive thread! You almost need an index! Thanks for posting.

Back