• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

REHABILITATED 322

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Litetrigger1

Some 20 or so years ago I came across the remains of a Marln 322 at a gun local show. The barrel was beyond redemption but the Sako action was OK and stock pretty good as well so I took it home for such time as I might have use for the action. More years later Remington introduced their .17 Fireball and it occurred to me that it just might make a fit for the Marlin 322 carcass I had tucked away somewhere. So I shipped it off to my pal Tim Gardner at Douglass Barrels requesting that it be rebarreled to the new .17 FB, with the proviso that the 322’s peculiar contour be duplicated so it would fit in the original stock. The fit is perfect, as shown in attached photos and, in case anyone is curious, the Fireball feeds out of the old .222 magazine like a greased gumdrop. Marlin1.JPG Marlin2.JPG Marlin3.JPG Marlin4.JPG

Last edited:
Is it a .17 or 221 Fireball?
Looks like you did a great job with it. If you don't mind me asking. What do you have in this rifle?

If you mean "what I have in it" in terms of investment, there is the price of the barrel job plus the original $200-$250 I paid for it as a gunshow clunker. Too long ago to remember for sure. Then the vintage Lyman 10X scope and new mounts adds about another $200. So whatever it adds up to.

I swore the photo showing the ammo box read 221 fireball.
Now I see it says 17 Remington.
Did you change the photo??

Back