• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New in Box Sako Super Deluxe Varmint 6mm PPC Unfired -Presented to Dr. Louis Palmisano by Sako

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I find it hard to understand that simply because a particular gun once belonged to a gun writer, or some other known personage, it has enhanced value.

This is what you said, then stumbled around with a qualifying statement later.

Believing that the increased price is reasonable and asking for it is a long way from actually getting it, and it is the latter that represents the true value of the gun.

I'm sorry you are so sensitive, but you are still wrong. I am not going to detail gun investments, but I have never made 20% per year on guns which is more than any market investing would net in a fantastic trade year. For many years running, I have netted over 100%.

Because you can't do something, don't think it is impossible...

My apologies to this board and thread for spending too much time trying to enlighten someone that won't pay attention.

Yes, I found it hard to understand because previous ownership by a writer wouldn't greatly enhance the gun's value for me, nor would it for most of the gun owners I know.

Kirk, it's fine to think of a gun purchase as an "investment" if it makes you feel better about laying out the money. And I get it that some guys like Rocky make certain gun purchases because they can turn a profit on them. My only point, which you seem to have missed, was that for most gun owners, their gun purchases are far poorer investments than securities, real estate, etc., if financial gain is the desideratum. But for most gun owners their gun purchases are for other reasons.

As I mentioned earlier, let's just agree to disagree on this and end the two-way conversation. We clearly see these two issues differently, and that's just fine.

Last edited:
I thought it was you trying to sell it. How long have you had it?
Chris
Sorry . . . the seller was in Mississippi . . . I live in Quakerwoods.
One of the big Sako collectors from Australia was trying to purchase it.
I had no idea this gun existed until it came up for sale on gunbroker.
And . . . of course . . . I was the only person to bid on it while it was on gunbroker.
A guy from Australia requested the seller . . . to give him more time . . . to come up with the cash. And I've heard the same story from the same collector, and he never came through . . . so the guns I agreed to sell him are still in my safe.

Sorry . . . the seller was in Mississippi . . . I live in Quakerwoods.
One of the big Sako collectors from Australia was trying to purchase it.
I had no idea this gun existed until it came up for sale on gunbroker.
And . . . of course . . . I was the only person to bid on it while it was on gunbroker.
A guy from Australia requested the seller . . . to give him more time . . . to come up with the cash. And I've heard the same story from the same collector, and he never came through . . . so the guns I agreed to sell him are still in my safe.

Nice rifle. I think that is the most collectable Sako I have seen by far.
Chris

Dr. Palmisano resided in the North Eastern part of Pa. It appears this gun was sold out of his estate. Ex. ( Ricks Engines dream theme to find guns)

The gun spent some time in Houston Texas. LMAO The gun then was sold to a gun collector/seller in Pa. for around $1995.00 LMAO Who sold it on gunbroker on July 2, 2017 in a Buy it Now . . . for next to nothing in profit, to a Winchester collector with a sharp business eye, from Mississippi. The Winchester collector then offered it again on gun broker in August of this year.
It came with the box and no hang tag.

Sure thing . . . any specific areas of the gun that are of a point of interest to anyone.
I made the seller promise to ship it with the stock separated from the barrel and action.

Sure thing . . . any specific areas of the gun that are of a point of interest to anyone.
I made the seller promise to ship it with the stock separated from the barrel and action.
For myself, I'd like to see the whole rifle from both sides, along with a shot from the top and from the bottom. If it has outstanding wood, some closeups of the buttstock and checkering would be nice.

Do you shoot your Super Deluxes, enotstehw? (And I wouldn't blame you if you don't.) If so, I'd be particularly interested in how the Palmisano 6 PPC shoots. I wonder whether Sako cherry-picked a dimensionally-perfect (or close to that) barrel for this beauty.

View attachment 12523 View attachment 12524 View attachment 12525 View attachment 12526 View attachment 12527 View attachment 12528 View attachment 12521
That may happen some day. If your ever on the east coast your more than welcome to stop in.
Photos taken in the evening, reason for glare. View attachment 12522

@enotstehw Beautiful rifles. Please excuse my ignorance but the Palmisano rifle appears to have no magazine. Is there
any particular reason for this ?

@enotstehw Beautiful rifles. Please excuse my ignorance but the Palmisano rifle appears to have no magazine. Is there
any particular reason for this ?
Lenny
It seems that Sako produced the 6 PPC heavy barrels in the single shot receiver version, which is typical for bench rest guns.
And . . . I think . . . is a detraction to a Super Deluxe in general. Every time I look at the trigger guard, my mind goes . . . where is the engraved floor plate?

Do you shoot your Super Deluxes, enotstehw? (And I wouldn't blame you if you don't.) If so, I'd be particularly interested in how the Palmisano 6 PPC shoots. I wonder whether Sako cherry-picked a dimensionally-perfect (or close to that) barrel for this beauty.
I never thought about the Sako factory picking the best or first hammered out barrel.
I don't have any Vixen heavy barreled stocks to put the action in to test fire her.

Last edited:
Lenny
It seems that Sako produced the 6 PPC heavy barrels in the single shot receiver version, which is typical for bench rest guns.
And . . . I think . . . is a detraction to a Super Deluxe in general. Every time I look at the trigger guard, my mind goes . . . where is the engraved floor plate?

I understand. Still a very classy rifle.

Back