• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Australia

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all, I just purchased my very first Sako and thought I would join this great forum.

she is a Forester Deluxe in .308, serial numbers suggest its one of the later guns manufactured (303xxx)
I have purchased a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x42 and a set of Sako optilock bases and rings (extra low).

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I plan to take some decent ones soon, its such a pretty rifle!

PSX_20180927_162742.jpg PSX_20181004_185524.jpg

Welcome from Alaska, the only US place that is as large as one of your typical Aussie States!

I had some good internet friend from down there in a common variant cycle forum group imported into Oz and the US. As good a bunch to correspond with as I ever came across.

Several gave me standing invitations if I could ever manage the trip. I probably can't but all were great representatives for what I had heard Aussies were like.

That is one nice rifle and the pictures are good, just need MORE!

Welcome from Alaska, the only US place that is as large as one of your typical Aussie States!

I had some good internet friend from down there in a common variant cycle forum group imported into Oz and the US. As good a bunch to correspond with as I ever came across.

Several gave me standing invitations if I could ever manage the trip. I probably can't but all were great representatives for what I had heard Aussies were like.

That is one nice rifle and the pictures are good, just need MORE!

Love telling yanks that we have single stations (ranches) here that are bigger than Texas :)

I recently moved but was in Alaska for 30 years and every Aussie I met fit right in. We'd tell those Texans to be careful or we'd cut Alaska in half and they'd be the third largest state. The Texas cut was always the smallest on the menu.
Welcome and nice rifle.

Hello all, it has been a while, not sure if people still use forums.. I am hoping to find a vixen to add to my collection and found myself here again. I thought I'd share my latest Sako, a TRG 42 in 300wm. Using a NF NX8.
a3e2ce74e65005ed8c9becbfefcc0298.jpg
72715e494012a079301ed2a0c4cb8582.jpg
05b6261950ca58d09df5bfd6fbe54af1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Wow, great rig with a NF 4-32x50mm f1 combo long range sniper.
Now just need rear & front sight kit, extra magazines & bandolier for your match grade ammunition. Possibly a few .30 Raufoss bullets in 1 clip?
You should have great results. Congrats.
Cheers…

The DeLuxe are just so pretty! Shoot that beauty and post some more photos.
I shoot the L579 often, it's my favourite rifle. Definitely not a safe queen! I enjoy it so much I have been hunting for another, a standard vixen .222 heavy barrel would be nice. I might put up a WTB add come to think of it [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back