• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako rifles imported into the US

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

lds

Hi from Australia,
I have a 1964 L461 .222 RemMag heavy barrell which my son in Houston has some desire for .
Does any body have some info as to how or where do I go to find out re sending it to him.
I know I will have some issues exporting but I can sort that out but not sure re state side.
Any help would be great.
Regards
Ray

BATF website - Temporary Importation Form (Is your son here permanently?)
Google BATF - Import - I think you'll find it's cost prohibitive.

I've seen some Sako 7X57 in South Africa that I'd love to get but can't get them into the States (legally).

Not such a big problem. Any federally licensed dealer in the U.S. can import not more than 50 firearms per year without the necessity of having an importer's license. Each firearm must be for a specific individual, not just for the dealer's inventory. The dealer must apply for an import permit for the specific firearm on a BATF Form 6 which requires the basic information on the firearm (make, model, barrel length, caliber, etc). Once the dealer has an approved Form 6 (takes a few weeks) the foreign shipper may ship the firearm to him (if the dealer is not located at a port of entry then a bonded warehouse may have to be involved at extra expense.) When the firearm is received the dealer gives an executed Form 6A to the customs officials to show the firearm has been imported and is in his inventory. He may then transfer the firearm to the buyer under the regular procedure for any firearm.

Assuming your son's residency status allows him to possess a firearm, he needs to contact some dealers in his area and I'm sure he'll eventually find one who has been through this import procedure and will help him for a reasonable fee. By the way, the law requires that the dealer, even if importing only one rifle, to place his business name and address (at least city) on the firearm permanently, so you're going to end up with some extra stamping on the gun.

Hi,
I don't think i have been on here since I sent the post as my health did play havoc on me.
I do apologise for not thanking those that replied so do hope it is not too late.
A lot of water has passed under the bridge.
My story is I purchased my Vixen in 1964 and has not had a lot of use.Still have it.Allways wnted to go to the US as an 18 year old to fish and shoot
but did not make it.When my son married a US girl I thought we would be off but travel insurance buggered that idea.He has been living in TX
My question is this.
The serial numberof the .222 RM is 5 digits ending in eg 20.My krico .22 of the same vintage has a 5 digit serial number ending in 60.
The first three digits are the same.Is this a coincident or was there a connection maybe between the two companies.
The last 2 digits are not the true ones but there is 40 difference between the two.
Once again I do apologise and will reply this time.
Regards
Ray

The serial numbers are coincidence. God only made 99,999 five digit serial numbers, so lots of different manufacturers ended up using the same serial number on their guns as did some other manufacturer.

Sakos were/are made in Finland. Krico is from Germany. Neither ever used the other's actions or other parts, so there is no connection. By the way, Kricos are excellent and accurate rifles and one of the few makes that I tend to collect other than Sakos.

thank you for that .I Thought would be coincident but I had to ask the question.
My son has been living in Tx fore some 5 yrs but moving to the UK very soon.
never had the chance to visit which was a pity

Back