• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

30+ sakos in Riihimäki auction 17.2.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Company is Republic of Finland :D. It is police auction. They have no proper website for these auctions. I think that they still might send a photo from specific gun if asked nicely and explain that you are overseas...

here is the contacts that I found:

Susanna Kouvalainen, puh. +358295 481 958

[email protected]

Thanks for that excellent information, Olli! "Police auctions" here in the U.S. rarely have high quality firearms as most of those which the police come into possession of are confiscated in criminal investigations and tend to be of marginal quality and of little interest to most shooting enthusiasts. On the other hand, I'm guessing that while some of the firearms in the Finnish offering come from similar circumstances, many of them are from people or estates who no longer wish to keep their firearms (for varying reasons), so they are turned over to the state. Am I correct on this or do the firearms come from some other set of circumstances?

This reminds me of one of my favorite Finnish language quirks - the Finnish word for auction translates literally into English as "Shouting-Sale." Practical, and appropriate, and quite amusing.

That list contains some things that would be real treasures over here. The several L46 Sako rifles in 7x33 would cause quite a commotion among American Sako collectors. From my own point of view, I'd be all over the FN-Sako in 7x57 and the Tampereen Asepaja .22 target rifle. Beyond that, there are quite a few Mosin-Nagants converted to hunting rifles, some of them in those unique Finnish calibers like 9.3x53R. I'd also want to have a look at the various Finnish military and captured Soviet pieces. I see a Luger there that is probably ex-Army, a Nagant revolver that might be a wartime capture, and a number of 7.65mm pistols that I would examine for SA or Sk.Y markings. There are a few Finnish surplus rifles, which I would also examine for unusual markings and features. Back on the civilian side, I'd take a long, serious look at the assortment of Tikka M55 and other Tikka rifles. And, I'd of course have a look at all the Sakos, especially any full-stock versions or other unusual versions. I also noticed a lot of custom-built guns, mostly on Mosin-Nagant actions but others as well. One would want to have a good look at the custom guns.

Thanks for posting this. Wish I could bid, but my Finnish firearms license expired in the 90's.

Thanks for that excellent information, Olli! "Police auctions" here in the U.S. rarely have high quality firearms as most of those which the police come into possession of are confiscated in criminal investigations and tend to be of marginal quality and of little interest to most shooting enthusiasts. On the other hand, I'm guessing that while some of the firearms in the Finnish offering come from similar circumstances, many of them are from people or estates who no longer wish to keep their firearms (for varying reasons), so they are turned over to the state. Am I correct on this or do the firearms come from some other set of circumstances?

These firearms are indeed from people or estates who are not able or willing to keep them. Firearms that are used in crime are disposed to raw material by law. Once in a while there are some real valuable guns like ww2 machine guns in these auctions.

Once in a while there are some real valuable guns like ww2 machine guns in these auctions.
The only machine gun in this auction seems to be some kind of Chinese 9mm. I'm not sure what that would be, as I thought Chinese SMG's were mainly chambered in 7.63 Tokarev. Maybe somebody converted it, or maybe they made some in 9mm for export.

The only machine gun in this auction seems to be some kind of Chinese 9mm. I'm not sure what that would be, as I thought Chinese SMG's were mainly chambered in 7.63 Tokarev. Maybe somebody converted it, or maybe they made some in 9mm for export.

I would assume it is chinese copy of ppsh-41... DP-27 would be nice... Licencing would become impossible since we got the new (2019) EU compliant gun law.

Back