• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Confused due to poor website info !

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

How do I get "Prtiveleges " to respond to a ad???????????
You do not receive privileges. If you want to negotiate with a member private message the individual and work your deal out of the public eye. The forum has purposely set up the trade corner in this fashion.

Any add in the classified section can only be responded to through the private message system. Just click on "in box" in the upper right of this page and "start a conversation". This is so all communications & negotiations are "private" and not broadcast to the entire world! This information is available to everyone who bothers to read the rules & instructions on the Trade Corner section of the forum.

Lets try this another way. Log in to the website....Go to the trade corner..... Click on the person whom you wish to communicate with..... When their profile appears there is a “start a conversation” tab....By starting a conversation you should be able to privately engage and negotiate for whatever your trying to purchase......

THE UPPER RIGHT PORTION OF THE PAGE IS COVERED .

No need to shout.

You don't see cisco1, Inbox, Alerts at the far right side of the black band that starts out Forums, Members, News, etc at its far left end?

What does the "covering it up" stuff look like?

-Chris

NO ! NOT CLEAR AT ALL !

READ IT SEVERAL TIMES !

THANKS FOR CLARIFYING IT .

Please respond in lower cases (otherwise it’s like SCREAMING! and take some time to acquaint yourself with all the forum rules and various ways to communicate with other members.

There are several Terms and Conditions and Help threads around the forum. Take your time and navigate around and you’ll get the hang of it soon enough. And if you don’t find answers, feel free to ask in each appropriate forum.

With best wishes of a great Christmas and Holiday season!!

Jim
President
Sako Collectors Club

It couldn't be more confusing.
Click on the SCC Trade Corner, Click on the first thread about "you can't respond". Read it. Tell me what is so confusing??? If you have trouble understanding because English is not your first language, many here will try to help, as several already have. If you have a specific question about how to use the private message system because you don't understand those instructions, that help is available as well. Despite what lord firth says, this is a pretty friendly place.

Back