• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

GI Super Grade

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Not original IMO. Standard sporter barrelled action from the early to mid '60s that's been placed in a later Super Deluxe stock from the '70s or '80s. A pic of the tang area may reveal more. I'd ask for that. Nice rifle, just doesn't look original to me.

DeerGoose

A pic of the tang area may reveal more. I'd ask for that.
I now see the tang pic. Super Deluxe stock from the early '70s in a '60s action. It would be big news to me if that stock was made in the '60s and prior to the 50th Anniversary model production run. Interesting rifle.

DeerGoose

Where's the sako lope floor plate? Model 75? Right. Says L61r. High comb shark fin stock. 1400$ gun. Stock had to be modified.

Sako L61R SN #6838 was a standard grade .338 when it was inspected in December of 1963. The stock is clearly from a later rifle.

For a seller who "can no longer take most emails seriously" it is pretty rich to have so seriously misrepresented this bitsa (ain't that a great word our Aussie friends have come up with!?)

The stock is clearly from a later rifle.
Well, it's a later stock, alright, but it might not have been from another rifle.

There was a guy in New Jersey (where Stoeger was headquartered when it was the Sako importer) who apparently bought a large inventory of Sako stocks from Stoeger after the transition to Beretta took place. He sold those stocks on eBay and other outlets. Some were fully finished and others were only partially finished. A while back I corresponded with a guy who had purchased a partially completed Super Deluxe and was looking for an artisan to finish the carving on the grip.

I bought a finished one for a M78 Hornet which I cut down for my grandson, but kept the original unmolested so I could restore it when the grandson no longer needed a short stock (such time having long since passed: https://sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/braggin-time.15916/#post-87757 ).

BTW, feed those Grandson's well so they can come play for the Huskers. We need them!

BTW, feed those Grandson's well so they can come play for the Huskers. We need them!
Happens that I had two cousins who played for the Huskers back in the late 1970's/80's. The Clark boys were both linemen. Kelvin went on to play with the Broncos and the Saints. When he was with the Broncos I happened to have a business meeting in Denver. The Broncos games were always sellouts in those days, so when I casually mentioned to the locals that I was staying over until Sunday for the game all of their jaws dropped. "How the hell did you get tickets!?" they all yelled in unison.

Back