• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Bolt cracked on L579 forester .308

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Sako is still Sako (at least mostly) in Finland. The problem we have here in the USA is with the importer, Beretta USA. They have a well-earned reputation for being, shall we say, unhelpful. And since Beretta owns Sako at the corporate level, there's not much we can do about it.

Hi
I can tell you that it was not easy to get them to take it for a look.
Normal procedures, is first to bring it to approved store and let them see on it first, then they might send it to Sako.
But nearest approved store is quite far away from me.
After very long discussions with Sako, they aggreed to receive it in the gate of the factory and then investigate the gun.
Jan

Hi
I can tell you that it was not easy to get them to take it for a look.
Normal procedures, is first to bring it to approved store and let them see on it first, then they might send it to Sako.
But nearest approved store is quite far away from me.
After very long discussions with Sako, they aggreed to receive it in the gate of the factory and then investigate the gun.
Jan

Please keep us up to date with this. Hopefully there are people in the Sako factory who share your passion for one of the best rifles ever made.

If they offer you an S20 or 85 as a replacement please sell it and buy another L579 ;)

Hopefully, the Beretta corporate culture doesn't extend all the way to the management and line workers at the factory. Good luck, and maybe the right guy will take an interest in your problem.

Buy
Hi i know its hard to see, and taking pictures of it is ouite impossible.
The crack is starting in the middle and going down inside the sliced lock part, and around the outer side all the way to the other lok part.
I am an aircraft engineer, and tested it with penetrant/developer
So i am quite sure of the crack.
A gun smith here in Finland that has been in the business over 40 years, has only seen this one time before.
But what to do with my hunting friend now is a good question
Regards Jan
Buy a new bolt it it's a concern. Never seen or heard of a crack like that. Love to hold it with my own hands

If they offer you an S20 or 85 as a replacement please sell it and buy another L579 ;)

Don't get peoples hopes up. I don't think any company anywhere in the world would replace a 50 year old product with a new one without exchange of cash.:D

Don't get peoples hopes up. I don't think any company anywhere in the world would replace a 50 year old product with a new one without exchange of cash.:D
Apparently you have not heard of Leupold & Stevens, a small optics manufacturing company located in Portland, OR. Since they are a small company they have yet to set up and hire customer service oriented employees.
Stephen

What does a 100+ year old break open revolver have in common with a cracked bolt face on a L579 Sako rifle? I've seen some threads get hi-jacked before, but this one takes the cake!

Sorry old guy not good on computers. Was checking to see if this gun is worth anything and when it might have been made. Its for a friend of mine. I dont know alot about guns serial number 84176. Sorry paulson no harm intended

What does a 100+ year old break open revolver have in common with a cracked bolt face on a L579 Sako rifle? I've seen some threads get hi-jacked before, but this one takes the cake!
Ever hear of Kevin Bacon? Geez, it was just a question and firearms related, indeed. I unsolicitedly hijacked a Norwegian's post just minutes ago. I would like Kentucky Fried, a Pepsi, fries, and lots of ketchup.
Stephen

Im just an old hunter who bought my first sako. Joined to ask some questions and enjoy the people. I hit the wrong thread because im not so good on computers or ipads. No harm ever intended

Back