• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New member from Ohio

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have been collecting Sako rifles since February 1985. It was a Finnbear in 264 Winchester magnum. It has a 3 digit serial number. I since have collected a 308 Deluxe, 30-06, 6mm PPC, 222, 22-250, and a 7mm Mag. I have not been on the forum but hope to change that. I live in Stow, Ohio
just west of Kent. I graduated from Kent State in 1970. Most of my guns are Pre-Garcia. The 6mm PPC obviously was not. I was wondering if all of the Pre Garcia guns have sights mounted on the barrel? Also, I have never seen a gun with the rear sight. However, there is a rear sight for sale for $199 I have been thinking of buying.

I have been collecting Sako rifles since February 1985. It was a Finnbear in 264 Winchester magnum. It has a 3 digit serial number. I since have collected a 308 Deluxe, 30-06, 6mm PPC, 222, 22-250, and a 7mm Mag. I have not been on the forum but hope to change that. I live in Stow, Ohio
just west of Kent. I graduated from Kent State in 1970. Most of my guns are Pre-Garcia. The 6mm PPC obviously was not. I was wondering if all of the Pre Garcia guns have sights mounted on the barrel? Also, I have never seen a gun with the rear sight. However, there is a rear sight for sale for $199 I have been thinking of buying.
eBay has 3 listed today for much less, suggest you check here before paying $199.00. I see them listed often on eBay. Good luck

Sako mounted sights on their rifles throughout their history. It just depends on where it was shipped as much as when it was made. The U.S. market tended to get more rifles without sights, as that's what the market demand was telling the importer. The pre-Grarcia thing has been a myth around Sakos for many years as "when" things changed or why a particular feature appeared. You will find late FI imported guns exactly like Garcia imported guns. The rest of the world has no idea what a Pre-Garcia gun is because they had different importers, so it's exclusively an American myth. Sako did not change things because of an importer changed & made changes over time as old parts were used up in a transitional manner, rather than abruptly changing things on a specific date. There are some interesting threads here about the pre-Garcia myth that you may want to search & other threads about transitional rifles when changes were made to the A series, as well. $199 is way high for a Sako peep! Keep looking. Pictures of your Sakos are always appreciated. Welcome to the club.

Back