• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Bolt cracked on L579 forester .308

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Ty lord thats the second remark i got. Getting nervous about asking anything now.
I can't tell from the pics, but it looks like an Iver Johnson or H&R from the late 19th to early 20th Century. So, try searching- What ever it's manufacture's name is with break open revolver- and your screen will be flooded with information regarding what ever you want to know about it. It's really that simple. Not trying to be mean or rude, just pragmatic. The combined knowledge of mankind is at our finger tips on the World Wide Web. It might take a little time & effort on your part, but what you want to know about that revolver is there for you by merely clicking your mouse. Good luck on your quest.

The combined knowledge of mankind is at our finger tips on the World Wide Web.
I heartily agree. The internet is the most incredible tool for research and information ever in the history of mankind. You just have to be careful to sort out the disinformation on it.

Gun company's in the US would be begging you to send that bolt back to them to prevent liability.
Does not matter how old it is if it could blow up in your face.
Have you asked SAKO for an opinion?

I have a bolt ( minus extractor) , trigger assembly and receiver I want to sell ... It's from a short Action ( 243 ) L579 Forester late 60's early 70's $250

Hi There
Sako did not aggree to repair the rifle at a fairly price, so right now its dead.
Yes i would be interested in the bolt you have for sale, but how will we get it to Europe with permissions etc.
Best regards Jan

They asked 550€ + VAT
Horrible price for fitting a new bolt on an old rifle

Very disappointing... Sako recently celebrated 100 years, repairing an older rifle at cost or gratis would have been an excellent gesture and give consumers confidence about the next 100 years, but no.

Thanks Beretta...

Back