• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Estate Auction

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Bama

For anyone looking for a Sako, pifers.nextlot.com has some amazing guns to be auctioned, just type in the search bar Sako. I believe around 65 guns, plus pieces and parts.

My wife will be really upset with this. Many of these I have dreamed of owning. Not good.
Hornets..Bees..Flatbolts..lord help me!
Need to cut phone lines until July..Single deer bold!
Arrrrgh!”

The covetous Hippie

There are some truly amazing items there. The 7x57 Deluxe has to be one of the rarest Sakos in captivity. The Safari Deluxe Mannlicher .375 is stunning, but it will most likely sell for a number far in excess of what I want to pay for a wall decoration. I may just register to bid, if for no other reason than to find out what these sell for. However, there are a few guns in there that might tempt me off the fence.

There are also some strange anomalies in the written descriptions, which are sketchy at best. My favorite is the .308 Deluxe "with small scope (model unknown)." They seem to be referring to the Sako aperture sight mounted on the rifle! There are a couple of other howlers too, but that one really stands out.

Does anybody know anything about the reputation of this auction house? The collection looks like a treasure house, but I've never heard of these auctioneers and I'm suspicious of most auction houses anyway.

What a collection. Anyone know who that guy was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some truly amazing items there. The 7x57 Deluxe has to be one of the rarest Sakos in captivity. The Safari Deluxe Mannlicher .375 is stunning, but it will most likely sell for a number far in excess of what I want to pay for a wall decoration. I may just register to bid, if for no other reason than to find out what these sell for. However, there are a few guns in there that might tempt me off the fence.

There are also some strange anomalies in the written descriptions, which are sketchy at best. My favorite is the .308 Deluxe "with small scope (model unknown)." They seem to be referring to the Sako aperture sight mounted on the rifle! There are a couple of other howlers too, but that one really stands out.

Does anybody know anything about the reputation of this auction house? The collection looks like a treasure house, but I've never heard of these auctioneers and I'm suspicious of most auction houses anyway.

what about 458w's with no visable cross bolts ?

The auction company appears to be a local North Dakota firm that deals mainly in farm & estate auctions. Their expertise in firearms seems to be limited. Having to watch on line for 4 days to get the results of your bid & not having any live bidding is going to hurt their bottom line, IMHO. This collection would have been much better handled by RIA. The rarity of several rifles listed will obviously draw much attention nationwide, so it's going to be interesting to say the least. Some items could bring new record prices if current market trends hold true. Other items may suffer from the format. Good luck to all those bidding!

I have been looking at many of the 'Rare' Sako rifles being offered on this auction. My advice is to tread carefully. Get the stars out of your eyes and you will discover restocked items, botched butt pad replacements and other issues that will affect collector value.

rick

An excellent point. I saw several guns that appeared to be customs but were not described as such.

I also noticed several of the rifles have problems. I had an interest in the Deluxe 7mag and the Deluxe 300, lots 1068 and 1080 until I carefully viewed the photos. The 7mag has a serial number of 15077 (indicating about a 65 or 66 rifle); but the round tang bottom metal, heavy barrel, thicker stock, and crossbolt without a hole, all typical traits of a 1968 or later rifle made me lose interest. Then looking at the photo showing the incorrect front sling stud on the 300 indicates someone buggered up the wood around the stud when they removed the correct studs to install the incorrect studs. Inspect the photos carefully so you are not surprised if you get the rifle.

This auction has generated a lot of interest from Sako collectors. There are many rare Sako rifles being made available. I am very happy to see that this site is showing many discrepancies in the auction sites pictures and descriptions. This may save many unaware bidders from making a careless bid. In my opinion when dealing with these types of 'farm' auctions you are dealing with experts at getting the most or more than the items are really worth. The discrepancies you have found are proof of that. The auction site has not shown enough quality pictures to determine condition. The auction site does not provide a good description of condition or give contact information of someone who can. Buyer Beware! Sakojim.

Back