• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

I lost my bolts for my Sako Rifles

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thanks for the info I just got a line on a L579 Colt Coltman in 308 that I really like ... so that may work out. It's pricey, but not unreasonable $1100, and the owner is interested in a piece that I have in my vault. so .......... I just need to make sure the bolt is compatible and to see an estimate for headspacing the cost of headspacing Thanks for the info , it definitely was helpful Mike

BTW - I reached out to " Angrygod " he hasn't gotten back to me yet, I'll keep all the info in mind when I speak with him and to myself as well LOL I spoke with The Custom Shop via phone, because they didn't return any of my emails, they were " Less than pleasant " on the phone that I contacted them I wasn't pleased that I would have to do business with them, glad that didn't have to come about

I just need to make sure the bolt is compatible and to see an estimate for headspacing the cost of headspacing
I've seen a number of Sako bolts interchanged and the headspace was always within tolerance. I doubt you'll have any difficulties with a bolt from another L579.

You've cited two sellers with which the members of the Sako Collectors Club are all too familiar.

In the case of "Angrygod", well, he named himself that and we can all agree. He used to be a member but was eventually banned for his posts disparaging others.

"Custom Shop" of Montana makes some extremely nice reproduction stocks for Sakos. He also buys Sakos in various states of repair and refurbishes them with new bluing and new stocks, then sells them implying, but not specifically stating, that they are completely original and asking greatly inflated prices. He is the "star" of the television series "The Gunfather". The Sako enthusiasts I know tend to shy away from dealing with him.

Buying a shooter L579 in another caliber and keeping both guns to use with one bolt isn't that bad of an idea. After all, how many guns can you shoot at the same time? You might buy either a .22-250 or a .308 to go with your currently boltless .243 and be able to enjoy another caliber just by switching the bolt from one rifle to the other.
"...by switching the bolt from one rifle to the other." finally.
S

My advice is to stay far away from angrygod. That guy is a real nitnoid to deal with and the experience is simply not worth the aggravation.

rick

I was able to locate a host of parts for my L579 - I only need the firing pin assembly, so I going to offer the rest for sale, I thought I would post through the Collector Club first ( if thats permitted ) - so many people were helpful. I have a L579 receiver, stripped bolt, and trigger assembly at the very least. I want to sell it as a complete lot, if it's not allowed here, I will put in on Gunbroker . I will start a new thread if permitted Thanks to everyone that offered their thoughts and advice it was very helpful

I thought I would post through the Collector Club first ( if thats permitted ) -
Of course! There is a special section on the forum called "SCC Trade Corner" just for that purpose. Just be sure to post the price you are asking. Pictures are always helpful.

Latest posts

Back