• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

First Rifle Resurfaces from ND Auction

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Evidently, the scope he put on it added to the price! GunJoker is so full of this kind of stuff now I don't even bother to look there anymore. Blatant misrepresentation.

The Sako-Mauser Mannlichers are rare -- I've only seen one other which I promptly bought for . . . $600 or so a few years ago. The one from the auction probably sold about "right", bringing a 25-30% premium over the same in a rifle version. While Sako did make a Deluxe version of the Sako-Mauser late in the run (and I've only see one of those ever), the Mannlicher in question is certainly not, as represented, a "Deluxe". Just goes to show how one misrepresentation repeats itself over an over as a gun passes from buyer to buyer.

But what puzzles me is, considering that the auction obviously attracted the creme de la creme of Sako Collectors, how the buyer (now would-be seller) thinks that there is some "collector" out there who would pay more than three times the price that the "collective" market of collectors valued so much lower? The seller can only be operating on the P.T. Barnum principle -- but such suckers are fewer and further between than prior to the advent of the information age.

Good eye Icebear!
There's a lot more from the estate auction than just this one.
This guy is a nut job to think that he's going to get $9000 for the Finnwolf's?

The "Mannlicher Deluxe Safari" rifle from the recent estate auction in North Dakota is now on Gunbroker, for sale by a shop in North Dakota. It sold for somewhere in the $1200 range; the current seller has it listed as Buy it Now only, for $3999.

https://www.
The "Mannlicher Deluxe Safari" rifle from the recent estate auction in North Dakota is now on Gunbroker, for sale by a shop in North Dakota. It sold for somewhere in the $1200 range; the current seller has it listed as Buy it Now only, for $3999.

[URL]https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903945954

T[/URL]here are others, 300win bought for $1100, now worth$2999.00. This seller bought approx 16rifles at this auction. Lots 1010,11,12,18,29,45,58,52,56,58,73,75,76,87,99and 1100. He is always selling extremely high, if he was from Pennsylvania, would think he is Angry God

I guess it's the "sometimer's disease" popping up again. Sometimes I remember & some times I don't. Either way it's a sad commentary on today's ethics. I should have bought it, as well.
Yeah, apart from the fact that if I'd paid more attention I'd have wanted it a lot more than I did, I hate to see a gun like that go to a quick-buck artist who is trying to double his money, and then some, on a quick flip.

Okay, now there is a whole slew of them showing up, starting with this one from one seller in ND who always prices his offerings at two to three times market: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/904017041 How he ever sells any of these is a mystery to me. But it is clear that he was close enough to the auction to pick them up in person and get them on Gunbroker ASAP.

I'm puzzled by Lot 1068 and Lot 1089. What am I missing that 1089 brought $400 less?

I'm puzzled by Lot 1068 and Lot 1089. What am I missing that 1089 brought $400 less?

The first one was actually an L61 Bofors steel barrel Deluxe and the second one was an AIII. I would say the AIII was actually a Super Deluxe

Lot 1089 was not listed as a Super Deluxe and was lost in the huge amount of rifles for sale. I think everything sold cheap except 243`s. As previously mentioned had this been a RIA auction there would have been many more bidders and much higher prices realized. Wayne

had this been a RIA auction there would have been many more bidders and much higher prices realized.
That is probably true of some of the lots, especially the more common ones like .30-06's and 7mm Rems. But the highly-sought ones probably sold about as high as in any sale. For example, the .220 Russian went for much more than I would have anticipated. And many of the .222's, .223s, etc. brought full market value. Also, you have to remember to add 10% and $85 shipping to get the actual cost, so the hammer price may sound low when it really isn't.

Back