• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 Restoring my dad's L46 .222 Mannlicher - COMPLETED!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Finish the stock, then repoint the checkering. Masking the checkering off is futile. You need to sand & refinish the wood between the double border when you do the stock, then recut the border, repoint the checkering, then stain & seal the checkering. You will need a checkering cradle & the appropriate checkering tools or hire a pro to do it. Otherwise the refinish job will look awful. That stock is beyond the skills of a hobby job or someone without the tools & experience, IMHO. Good luck!
hooboy, an honest reply. I think you're right.

now, who to send it off to? recommendations?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the connector plate back from Chrisss31, going to be added to my order to get the barrel, action and all the hardware reblued and finished.

Also in the mail today came what appears to be an extremely rare gloss black Leupold VX1 2-7x33. New in box from Cliff's in southern's UT. He has some other older scopes in stock for what appears to be the original list pricing of $203 for mine. ebay wants 2-3x for scratched up used ones...

https://cliffsgunsmithing.com/index.html

That paired with Sako factory medium 1" scope rings from Custom Shop, I think I have that set up, except for maybe some lens covers. Any recommendation?

Now the wait. I'm sure the stock will be done first, I decided to go pro and careful. The reblueing backlog is 5-6 months, and that's a bitch.

IMG_1599.jpeg IMG_1598.jpeg

Glad it’s coming together for you Chris.
There will be a lot of satisfaction in it, once it’s back to its former glory.

Love me a full sized 2x7. IMHO it is better for deer than a 3x9. Nice find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello again! Well, she's all back together! The bluing job from Precision Bluing in NC did an exceptional job! With the perfect welding job Chris did, after bluing it looked new. Marc's work on the stock came out great! The perfect balance of precision, completeness and leaving character. My armorer did a spot-on job bore sighting, no adjustments needed. Ready to play at 100yds when it warms up a bit for the outside range.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2750.jpeg