• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Northern Ontario, Canada

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

eshift

well, I shoot a Sako AV in 7mm rem mag and just picked up a Sako AV deluxe in 300 Weatherby Mag yesterday so I guess I'm a collector now :) - I really appreciate the quality build of these Sako AV rifles - I hunt whitetails each fall and moose when I'm lucky enough to draw a tag. This is my new addition... seller says it has about 60 rounds down the pipe total

DSCN0159.jpeg DSCN0147.jpeg DSCN0149.jpeg DSCN0150.jpeg 20201019_093910_resized.jpg DSCN0157.jpeg DSCN0158.jpeg 100_0784.jpeg 100_0795.jpeg 100_0787.jpeg

Last edited:
Excellent figure and flame with the timber! The AV’s in the Deluxe models are always pretty nice. Palm swells were added for fantastic feel and improved shooting posture, along with a modernized stock design in general! Yours is exceptional indeed.
.300 wby mag…power to spare I will imagine. I’ve not much experienced that round but I did have 30-378 wby mag for a while, a nasty , nasty , powder hungry beast! on whitetail, it didn’t leave a wound channel..it was more of wound window! Both sides!

Nice find! Welcome to the club!

bloo

Excellent figure and flame with the timber! The AV’s in the Deluxe models are always pretty nice. Palm swells were added for fantastic feel and improved shooting posture, along with a modernized stock design in general! Yours is exceptional indeed.
.300 wby mag…power to spare I will imagine. I’ve not much experienced that round but I did have 30-378 wby mag for a while, a nasty , nasty , powder hungry beast! on whitetail, it didn’t leave a wound channel..it was more of wound window! Both sides!

Nice find! Welcome to the club!

bloo

yes the 300 Weatherby chambering is a bit stout for sure but when I saw it for a good price I really couldn't pass it by ... I doubt I ever get another chance at one so nice... I've posted my 7mm rem mag in the "show your Sako" thread and while it's not a deluxe the timber is nearly as good - it's a dream to shoot

Back