• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

HELP SAKO 7x57 MAUSER

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hey im new here, my dad recently passed and left me with his gun collection. There are a total of 17 sako guns. 4 of which i cant find much information on anywhere. The first one I'm interested in learning more about is the Sako 7x57 mauser L57 with a atkinson and marquart barrel(according to my dads ledger) its a sako 7x57 A. & M. barrel L57. I also have a .218 bee L461 which i cant find any information or pricing on as well as a L46 .222. Any information or pricing for these guns would be greatly appreciated.

GREETINGS FROM THE COAST OF MISSISSIPPI

Darryll, my condolences on your Father's passing. The 7x57 sounds like a rebarrel to me. Not many factory 7x57s are around here in the States as far as I'm aware. If you're able to post some pictures of the rifles in question, the usual crew here can certainly weigh in on what's what. Thanks.

The 7x57 is almost certainly a custom gun built by Atkinson & Marquart of Arizona. They were known as top-shelf custom gun builders in the early 1970's. It's a bit surprising to see a 7x57 on an L57 action as that is a medium action and 7x57 is generally considered a long-action cartridge. However, apparently it fits. If you post a photo of it we should be able to provide more information. FYI here's a photo of a custom A&M Sako in .358 Win.
358-1.JPG 358-9.JPG

It's also highly likely that the L461 in .218 Bee is a rebarrel or full custom. The L46, an earlier model, was offered in .218 Bee, but I've never heard of an L461 chambered from the factory in .218 Bee.

There are a total of 17 sako guns. 4 of which i cant find much information on anywhere.
You mentioned four rifles, but you only describe three of them, unless I've misread your post and there are two 7x57's. Can you clarify? Lots of good guys here will be glad to provide any helpful information they can, especially if you post photos with detailed descriptions of all markings, barrel length, etc.

Latest posts

Back