• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 2506

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

If you are selling, all you can get.
If you are buying, as cheap as you can get it!
Actually, the best references would be the prices paid on the gun sale web sites.
Without a personal inspection, no one on this site can give even a rough estimate.
Even with pictures and descriptions its only wild guessing because location and other factors apply.
Sakojim.

I was looking for a ball park number, the gun is perfect and I mean perfect! no dents in the stock, finish is perfect! it has lived in my safe for years, maybe 100 rounds through the gin, the action is tight actually the gun is in New in the box condition in the box condition I am just looking for a ball park numbers for someone is Intune with Sako. I do more with old Winchesters and Browning's just not up to speed with Sako

Thanks John

I can safely estimate the value to fall somewhere between $150 to maybe $5000 depending on various attributes and accessories! Most are on the lower range of that….:D

bloo

Hard paper valuation like a bluebook or gun trader won’t be seen here. Photos and details on condition will need to be viewed. Once all things are understood you can wait for offers if you plan to sell…
If not…take some time to study up using the almost endless amount of information found here, and also watch or observe the gun auctions on the web..or locally if you can. See for your self to at least a range of value.
Better yet..take your rifle to the range or the field and enjoy it, as it may give you an insight on the real value in comparison to your old Winchesters and Browning’s

bloo

Bloo has given some solid advice. I’ll add, an L61R Finnbear in .25-06 will almost always bring a premium over the more common calibers, even in a shooter quality rifle. However it’s irresponsible to speculate on value without photos at minimum. Most folks here simply won’t go there. So often actual condition is misunderstood and therefore misrepresented. Several high quality photos showing the rifle at several angles will at least allow members to give a potential estimate. Please be mindful, an estimate is just that, several factors will also play in. Time of year, geographic location etc. Most importantly, the value will ultimately be determined by what a potential buyer is willing to pay. Hope this helps.

Sako fin beer SN 91790 2506 Leopold 3X9 wide angle what is this gun worth perfict condition
Think about it. Your question is like me asking you what my truck is worth & all I told you was the model & VIN number. How would you answer? Put it up for auction & you will find out what it is worth on that day, in that location, to the bidders interested.

Sako fin beer
Wait a minute!
I have made an oversight..you can keep the gun!
If you have more than 2 cases .. I’ll offer $30 per case! Send me a PM with photos of unopened cans or bottles, preferably on ice, but room temp will be considered!

Bloo .. the ever thirsty ol’ Hippie

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, that does it! You old crusty farts don't even have the class to tell him to post a few pictures and then lowball him to get him to sell it cheap. What kind of a club do we have here ,now. We used to be a lot more evil than this. I am turning my computer off now and catch up on some honey-dos.

OK, that does it! You old crusty farts don't even have the class to tell him to post a few pictures and then lowball him to get him to sell it cheap. What kind of a club do we have here ,now. We used to be a lot more evil than this. I am turning my computer off now and catch up on some honey-dos.

yeah..I guess maybe some of us have gotten soft.
I was really kinda waiting for some photos, curious as to what the gun may turn out to be. Say perhaps it turns out to be a really clean, pristine DeLux model..perfect in every way..from the last shipment from Firearms International, with a Buffalo on the Floor Plate..Hang tags!
Then smile as I watch everyone become..A bit more informative…bloo

yeah..I guess maybe some of us have gotten soft.
I was really kinda waiting for some photos, curious as to what the gun may turn out to be. Say perhaps it turns out to be a really clean, pristine DeLux model..perfect in every way..from the last shipment from Firearms International, with a Buffalo on the Floor Plate..Hang tags!
Then smile as I watch everyone become..A bit more informative…bloo
My thoughts as well……

….the bobber sits , as if frozen, in the glassy dark water.
….The sky, reflecting undistorted, clouds against a sweet blue, shaped like Bear and Buffalo .

What! Sako fin beer!
Hellyeah gimme one!

FD75A27B-49E0-4E82-81D7-28FF7F536BCB.jpeg Finland is 9th in Beer consumption per capita !
Pale Lager! It’s no wonder they’re so happy!
Two good reasons to move to Finland!

bloo

Rubbish - Try some of our English Ales & Bitters. Sheperd & Neame our oldest Brewery founded in the County of Kent in 1698! The best pale ale in the world - Try a bottle or two. My family go back at least 650 years, and we were brewing beer then.
Blackjack

Rubbish - Try some of our English Ales & Bitters. Sheperd & Neame our oldest Brewery founded in the County of Kent in 1698! The best pale ale in the world - Try a bottle or two. My family go back at least 650 years, and we were brewing beer then.
Blackjack

Thanks for the heads up Blackjack! 650 years of experience has to produce a mighty fine brew!
I would jump at the opportunity to sample that! There’s a “Craft Beer” movement here in the US..micro breweries and home brews are pop. I have tried many..some are outstanding .. some are just undrinkable. I enjoy dark lagers and stouts ..not so much the IPA super hoppy stuff. It would be nice to try an original brew from the old world!
BTW..I love it when I hear you guys say “Rubbish”!

bloo

Latest posts

Back