• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Left Wing Riihimaki Addition

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Another beauty. The best I can see, the serial number is in the 4,000's. I've seen LH safeties up into the 6,000's and have always wondered what the latest one they made was. I'm proud to own four of the slick little jewels now -- but still need that Bee to complete the set.

By the way, my L46 LH .222 has a barrel that measures 1-16" -- probably the same barrel Sako used on their Hornets at the time. If you have a chance to measure this one let us know what the twist is.

Rocky..are you hiding a time machine? Pm me next time you take off in it..I wanna ride along!
I’ve never seen a Left Wing 46 that was so clean and flawless! Simply incredible!

bloo

Thanks guy for the kind comments.

I took these photo's a while ago so the rifle is stuck away but when I come across it next time I will try to see what the barrel twist is.

What happened to the rear barrel sight on the above rifle? Does any one know when the barrel / forend metal band was discontinued? Were there 7 X 33's made with out barrel / forend metal bands. Thanks.
Blackjack

What happened to the rear barrel sight on the above rifle? Does any one know when the barrel / forend metal band was discontinued? Were there 7 X 33's made with out barrel / forend metal bands. Thanks.
Blackjack
I see l46 in 7x33 without the barrel band from time to time, but don't know when they stopped installing it.

Stunning rifle. Would be wonderful to stroll with it through rolling hills and gullies on a sunny afternoon rolling the odd rabbit.

Marcus

Can appreciate the checkering on the forearm. It would be a most difficult task for me to keep straight lines on such a large curved surface. Great job, quite a beauty!!

It would be even more difficult when it wraps all the way around the bottom of the forearm with 5 point checkering, as my L579, 22-250 does. Its took Sako craftsmanship. Sakojim.

Hi Jim!
I have a Browning Auto 5 in 12 Ga. & when the forearm cracked I got a blank , fitted it & left it thicker than original. I copied the Browning checkering pattern for the forearm. Never again! Glad I had the spunk when I was younger. These hands won't stand for another checkering job of that size. I only do 18 LPI & it is enjoyable work when I feel the need to do it, but it seems like too much for me these days.

Last edited:
Back