• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Montana

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Dutch

New here thank you all in advance.
Found a Forester in 308 at my local toy store and while researching found this (SC) resource of information.
Will post photos after the rifle is in my hands.
God Bless all here.
Dutch

Welcome to the forum. We haven't had many from Montana but those that were/are members were quite fine folks.

Serial # 114140
1962 ... maybe ?
I visited with my future Sako in layaway lock up.
It will be another 30 days until release.
Merry Christmas!

You found a Forester in .308 that old. Christmas has come and gone for you. Hope someone gave you a camera so you can share some Photos of it. It is kinda what we, here, live for. Hope you have a great Christmas, too , Dutch. Glad you will be able to share before long.

misako, I am not sure of born date, but after Christmas I promise to post some photos.
This particular Forester came from an estate collection, and has seen very little use.

Thanks to all and Seasons Best.

D

With that serial number it is much more likely to be 1972 than 1962, but Sako serial numbers skip around so it is not possible to tell without referring to the factory records.

I'm guessing that it has the round plunger floorplate release, quick-attach sling studs rather than fixed swivels, and a three-point checkering pattern on the forearm. If so, it is from the 1970's, and also may have the Garcia import mark on the underside of the barrel.

However, none of this in any way detracts from its value as a fine-shooting hunting rifle. Congratulations on becoming a Sako owner!

Congratulations on the rifle can’t wait to see pics when it gets out of lockup! Welcome to the forum!

So the price was $1249
To me the rifle was a safe queen
It appears to be little used

Considering this Forester is fifty years old, it is in very good condition and I am happy with cost

Next step will be shooting and see h ow that goes

Thanks for looking.

20220218_105242~2.jpg

LEUPOLD 2.5 x 8, in very good condition.
In time I may change that.
If the wind settles down I will shoot it
If the Forester had iron sights I would re purpose the scope.

Is the stock a Flaming Birch ?

I still feel a little silly about looking at the serial number early on in the discussion and late-night vision or old age, left out the last number of the serial. Oh well. I still like that model of Sako even if it wasn't made in 61 or 62 and yours looks as good as they can be.....scope and all.

Latest posts

Back