• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Colt Coltsman

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

No, I don’t feel beat up, all good, gonna take the old thang hunting. I’ve liked and owned Sako’s for 50 years, had a deluxe faze, mannlicher faze, decided I like the plain Janes the best. The darker the stock, the more I like them. The early rifles with grip cap especially. I’ve had around 25, never a rifle that wouldn’t shoot well. Thank you all for your info!

The top two Sako’s have the white line spacer. Top is serial number 455, middle is serial number 8. Third from top is 2882, no white line spacer

The rifle on the bottom is a custom rifle made by Iver Henriksen on a 1640 Husky action. He built a number of rifles for Elmer Keith. It is marked .25 Niedner. I had a gathering of custom rifles at one time, Biesen, Ottmar, Keith Stegall, Brownell, Charlie O’ Neal, the Henriksen is the last. The O’ Neal was a 333OKH belted, a 338 Win mag case basically.

I like Talley bases and split rings, won’t have anything else. Like Leupolds a lot too.

Last edited:
Put a scope on the poor old thang. The boys on the Campfire Forum bash Leupold scopes, but I like them. We will see how it shoots with 150 grain Barnes before long. I had cataract surgery about a month ago. I’m laying low on the hard hitters for another month.

Back