• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

What rifles other than sako's do you hunt with?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Also, the exact range is calculated in. I use my rangefinder to see it and I actually shoot at around 111 yds but I set it at 100 on the app. I guess if I set it to actual distance it would shrink the group a tad. Have to do that next time I am hunkering down!

3EADD9E5-D1EA-495E-A42C-842F805BC525.png 804A2E5A-F47C-45E1-A29D-567BFE1E6D76.png To not have to staple paper targets directly to plywood and also to prevent splintering of wood on the targets we screw blackboard/fiberboard sheathing on front of the plywood (also called Biltrite, Celotex or beaver board). It is black and easy to staple to rather than plastic or wood. we also use it for the ceiling area of our gun range to absorb or minimize sound being magnified with a metal roof as we need shade in S TX. Gives a longer life to the plywood usage for targets and with a black background maybe easier to focus....
BTW for safety we have a pipe around the shooting benches area to keep people from walking in front of benches, especially when 2-3 or more using range. It also keeps cattle looking for shade out thus cleaner too!

Last edited:
Well as this is an off-Sako thread...

I'm contemplating adding another Steyr to the safe. I ran across a model M luxus fullstock, Mannlicher^2? in 9.3x62. This is the inline 3 rd mag version, not the rotary mag. Single set trigger.. It's wearing a S&B 2.5x10x 56? in pivot mts., tapered post reticle. This is a military member bring back. Only been shot 30x's, still has the brass/ ammo and a bullet recovered from a boar! Boxes for gun/ scope. It's immaculate. The stock is attractive but nothing to write home about, the grain is appropriate for a heavier kicking caliber. I'm seriously tempted. Anyone have experience with the heavier kicking calibers with the Steyr? How. About the 9.3? Rear lugs are a minor concern for reloading, however this is likely not a high volume prospect. I love my .243, although it's semi- retired as I've moved to Sakos. Rear lugs haven't stopped me from owning 3 rem 788's, either.

Best,

Gary
Sounds like a nice rifle. Steyr Mannlicher went to front-locking actions some years ago with their SM12 and current CL II models, and with their newer mistake-proof safety system (or almost mistake-proof!)

As for rear-locking actions, I've owned many Schultz & Larsen rifles (I started my hunting career with one lo those many years ago), and as long as one keeps pressures below maximum, the brass will remain reloadable for a number of firings. I used neck-only sizing to reduce brass stretching, and when the cases became hard to chamber, I just bumped the shoulders slightly. I also owned a number of Sauer 80 action rifles with the non-rotating cam-out rear lugs and found the same attention to detail in the reloading process kept the brass reloadable for several firings. I liked the Schultz & Larsens and Sauers for their super-smooth, non-binding action and short bolt lift and travel. The rear-locking Steyr Mannlicher Model M (as well as the Model S for the magnum cartridges) offers the same smoothness of operation.

Last edited:
7mm-08
7mags
26 Nosler
7 mm ultra mag
270 WSM
257 Roberts
300H&H
300 Win mag
300 Weatherby
25-06
270 Weatherby
257 Weatherby

"HeadLines"
Texas Buzzards overdose on pork! Anti hunting groups claim
"Foul Play" Hunters claim mamals, not foul Kamala harris to investigate!!

One of these days I gotta drive over to Texas and shoot some of those feral hogs. I haven't hunted in years, maybe it's time to get back in the game.

I’m not sure how good those scrub hogs would taste. The ones I used to shoot in Nor Cal were acorn fat snow white sweet fat.

Latest posts

Back