Valmet 12ga/30/06 loaned gun

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Bucktote, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    I am writing this post because I value the new friends I have found on this forum & the rememberance of a good friend that passed too soon from this life. Charles let me borrow his Valmet 12 ga/over 30/06 to turkey hunt, as sometimes I would encounter Coyotes while calling turkeys. As a farmer he was too busy in the spring to join me and suggested I try his Valmet. This spring I visited the part of our farm that I used while trying his gun. It struck me when I happened on this scene that I truley wished all my friends, new and old could have been with me to see what I saw. It was a wet spring & I traveled a firebreak westward. The
    morning sun at my back over my left sholder. As I stepped to the top of the firebreak hill, I was struck in awe. I saw a 100 ft + deep valley with 100 ft+tall pine trees rising from below Stunned by the site I couldn't understand how this could be in Georgia !!

Then a pine needle floated from above & landed in the placid water that sereved as a reflection of what I thought I was seeing. It was a sight that I never will forget. So beautiful, seren, quiet blissful that I wanted all those I revered & loved to share that moment with me !! I hope I haven't bored youall with this story, but I needed to share it with you, As our time in Gods forest & seeing his works even if it was an illusion gives me respect and the appreciation of all those that I can call friends & loved ones.
    My only regret was & is that I didn't have a camera with me!

RifleNutPPC, Spaher, sakojim and 2 others like this.

2. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Bucktote,
    Thank you for writing that. I also regret you not having your camera with you.

Pete

3. gunner620

gunner620 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I too have many memories of family and friends and just the beauty that nature provides us with in Gods natural works. Thanks Bucktote